Community Magazine

Paperblog Pick in Community

The Value of Extra Time.

I volunteer a lot to speak or be interviewed for videos and such as part of my "bucket list" item of giving back. I have opinions on many things related to cancer, chronic illness... Read more

Paperblog Pick in Community

No Regrets?

Having just buried my mother, I have been thinking a lot about whether people die in peace and what it takes for them to have that privilege. My mother died in peace and I think... Read more

LATEST ARTICLES BY PAPERBLOGGERS

• Energy Drinks Are Not Sports Drinks

Energy Drinks Sports

Supermarkets, gas station quick marts, even vending machines now offer a variety of energy drinks. Adults, teens, even children are now drinking them on a... Read more

The 02 September 2011 by   Jean Campbell
    NONE, NONE, NONE
  • Why is Learning to Read Difficult for Some Children?

Learning Read Difficult Some Children?

According to the National Institutes of Health, one out of every ten children has significant problems with reading skills. Read more

The 30 September 2011 by   Jean Campbell
    NONE, NONE
  • Helping a Child Become a Good Sport

Helping Child Become Good Sport

Most children need help learning to be a good sport. Being a good sport means being a gracious winner as well as a gracious loser. Losing is no fun and many... Read more

The 10 September 2011 by   Jean Campbell
    NONE, NONE
  • The 9/11 Memorial

9/11 Memorial

I was in the sixth grade when it happened. I was waiting at the bus stop to go to school when I saw my mother coming to pick me up, sheer terror written all... Read more

The 11 September 2011 by   Foreverlovely
    NONE, NONE
  • My Love Affair With the “delete” Button

Love Affair With “delete” Button

Can you fall “in love” with an inanimate object? Not really, even though some people have (but that’s a WHOLE different story). No, seriously…. I am IN LOVE wit... Read more

The 15 September 2011 by   Lisaannjarrett
    NONE, NONE
  • Window Danger

Window Danger

According to a recent report in CNN Health, 5,000+ kids are hurt each year in the U.S. from window falls. The Journal of Pediatrics reports that the number of... Read more

The 23 September 2011 by   Jean Campbell
    NONE, NONE
  • What to Do About Your Child’s Snoring

What About Your Child’s Snoring

I never thought about children snoring until I heard a public service announcement on the radio the other day. I did some research on the subject and want to... Read more

The 06 September 2011 by   Jean Campbell
    NONE, NONE, NONE
  • How Has Your Teaching Practice Changed?

Your Teaching Practice Changed?

Mine is constantly changing, developing, evolving. I think if my teaching stayed the same for too long, I’d have to question what I was doing: stasis would... Read more

The 11 September 2011 by   Tracyrosen
    NONE, NONE
  • “More Games” Are Now in the “Can Do” Club House

“More Games” “Can Club House

There are more games, six new games to be exact, in the “Can Do” Club House courtesy of Grey Olltwit Educational Software, a nonprofit charitable organization i... Read more

The 16 September 2011 by   Jean Campbell
    NONE, NONE

Previous Editor's Picks

Read More