Fitness Magazine

Not-quite-Monday Check-in!

By Lifeasarunningmom @RunningMom6
Aloha! So it dawned on me yesterday afternoon that yesterday was Monday. Good golly! I totally forgot about blogging as I enjoyed a lovely run at the gym and an amazing day with darling daughter. You see, she was off of school for President's Day and I was so happy that I made it through the craziest work day of my life! At least, until it comes around again next year....
As much as I don't want to write this post, I will. I just don't want to since my mileage was so low but I think that is a bigger reason as to why I should write it and look at what really happened last week. By the way, if you like these weekly updates you can hear from more gals putting their #bestfoot forward by hopping over to Run to the Finish. Amanda has a weekly link up on Mondays for us all to tell our stories.
Now onto what I did!
Monday: I started my day with a mile run at the gym and followed it up with 15 minutes of yoga - Beginner Flexibility. Later after work I did another 3.13 mile run while making hard boiled eggs. Dear hubby and I had a meeting to go to this evening so I was squeezing it all in!
Tuesday: I ran 3 miles after work and followed it up with 30 minutes of yoga - Beginner Flexibility. I dosed off in the final pose, corpse, and darling daughter woke me up. It was only a 2-3 minute snooze but it just shows us all how tired I was.
Wednesday: Don't ask me how I did it but I managed to get up early enough to run a mile before work and do 15 minutes of yoga - Beginner Flexibility. Not a lot but I got something done!
Thursday: I overslept but still managed to run a mile before work and do 15 minutes of yoga - Beginner Strength. After work I ran another 5.25 miles so I felt very happy about my fitness work this day.
Not-quite-Monday Check-in!Friday: I ran 2.05 miles before work and did 15 minutes of yoga - Beginner Relaxation. I needed calm this day as it was the day before the big event, Whale Day. I had lots of loose ends to tie up and a craft fair to mark out. I went to bed stressed beyond belief. Needless to say, we didn't celebrate Valentine's Day in my household.

Not-quite-Monday Check-in!Saturday: I really didn't sleep at all. Just fitfull bits here and there with a ton of nightmares. I got up at 3:00 am to run 2 miles and do 15 minutes of yoga - Beginner Strength - to give me the power of a warrior to survive Whale Day. I worked 16 hours after my morning fitness time and that included lots of running around, raking wet straw, lifting, carrying, etc. I was beat but I gotta say, this day really is a lot of fun even with all the hard work we put into it.
Sunday: I would have loved a run outside but to be honest, I was still beat. I only got 6 hours of sleep the night before so I ran a short 1.11 miles and followed it up with 26 minutes of yoga in a class I created called Faith.
I ended the week with 19.54 miles on running streak day 780 and yoga streak day 50.
Daily Gratitude: I am thankful for the words of gratitude that were showered upon me. 
Daily Affirmation: I am committed and strong.

Back to Featured Articles on Logo Paperblog

Paperblog Hot Topics