Honey is used as a fundamental ingredient in various beauty treatment due to its antioxidant and antimicrobial benefits. Honey offers natural protection to repair skin damage, while promoting the skin’s ability to rejuvenate. Not just that, honey also absorbs impurities from skin pores. All these benefits make honey an ideal cleansing agent for your skin.
Home spa with honey is a life rewarding, it’s affordable and easy to prepare. Honey enthusiasts have recommended some honey-based recipes that can keep your skin silky smooth, and natural glowing.
Mild Honey Cleanser
Pampering the skin begins with thorough cleansing.
- Mix ¼ cup of honey with 1 tbsp liquid soap and ½ c glycerin.
- Apply gently on skin using a face towel, rinse with warm water and pat dry.
Honey Oats Face Scrub
For a more thorough facial cleansing. Try this powerful recipe.
Combine the following…
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp finely ground almonds
- 2 tbsp dry oatmeal
- add some lemon juice or yogurt for a luxurious and exfoliating facial scrub massage
- Gently apply the mixture and massage your face thoroughly, then rinse with warm water.
This blend gives a deeply emollient cleansing to the pores of your face. Almonds and oats are superb exfoliants for softening the skin.
Facial toning is a key to bring back moisture to skin and readjust the facial pH balance after cleansing.
In a blender or food processor, combine…
- 1 peeled, cored apple with a tablespoon of honey and pulse until smooth.
- Apply mixture to face and allow to stay for 15 minutes, then rinse.
Honey and Lavender Face Mask
A facial mask will give the skin necessary nutrition it needs.
Combine the following…
- 1 tbsp of raw honey
- 3 drops of lavender essential oil.
Dampen your face with warm water, and smooth on the honey and lavender mixture. Leave the mask on for 15 minutes. Rinse off with warm water. This facial mask mixture is ideal for all skin types.
Honey Olive Hair Conditioner
Aside from caring for the face, honey can be used to revitalise the hair for healthier scalp and lustrous mane.
- ½ c of honey
- ¼ c olive oil
Massage onto scalp and put on a shower cap for 30 minutes. Shampoo and rinse as usual.
These natural honey-based beauty recipes are very easy to make at home with all ingredients available in your kitchen. Apart from benefiting from honey’s main properties, the process of making these recipe is actually enjoyable!
Make sure your skin receives the best and most natural skin care by DIY from your best chosen ingredients!