Samsung pays Apple $1 billion sending 30 trucks full of 5 cents coins

Created on 29 August 2012 by Jesusmsanchezl

Samsung vs AppleThis morning more than 30 trucks filled with 5-cent coins arrived at Apple’s headquarters in California. Initially,  the security company that protects the facility said the trucks were in the wrong place, but minutes later, Tim Cook (Apple CEO) received a call from Samsung CEO explaining that  they will pay $1 billion dollars for the fine recently ruled against the South Korean company in this way.

the funny part is that the signed document does not specify a single payment method, so Samsung is entitled to send the creators of the iPhone their billion dollars in the way they deem best.

Lee Kun-Hee

This dirty but genius geek troll play is a new headache to Apple executives as they will need to put in long hours counting all that money, to check if it is all there and to try to deposit it crossing fingers to hope a bank will accept all the coins.

Lee Kun-hee, Chairman of Samsung Electronics, told the media that his company is not going to be intimidated by a group of “geeks with style” and that if they want to play dirty, they also know how to do it.

You can use your coins to buy refreshments at the little machine for life or melt the coins to make computers, that’s not my problem, I already paid them and fulfilled the law.

A total of 20 billion coins, delivery hope to finish this week.

Let’s see how Apple will respond to this.

You didn’t think this could be real right? but hey! you loved it :D

By Alexander Gomes
posted on 30 August at 05:12
Report spam/abuse

Well I'm not a smart phone user, proabably this message won't hit the readers. But I truly believe the trial was to save Apple (even though I wish to buy Apple stuff some day when I make some money, since I love those) from a big threat. The trial took place in US which was a wrong place to have such case. But eventually I think there is one atleast to give a good competition in the market specially to the smart phone lovers. I think Samsung won and Apple lost here. More-over I also believe that technology, information are for everyone...

By Humun
posted on 30 August at 04:47
Report spam/abuse

Oh! thats right, only a joke!!! Most strange action from a giant manufacturer it would be.

By clever625
posted on 30 August at 04:25
Report spam/abuse

shoulda sent pennies

By Momato
posted on 30 August at 03:53
Report spam/abuse

Some seem to believe the story, it's just a story...funny though. That would be pretty awesome....

"You didn’t think this could be real right? but hey! you loved it"

By asy
posted on 30 August at 03:32
Report spam/abuse

MattTroy posted on 29 August at 22:47 :- samsung's korean u idiot.

By Morellio
posted on 30 August at 03:30
Report spam/abuse

And each one of those nickels has been in Lee Kun-Hee's butt.

By Bruce
posted on 30 August at 02:03
Report spam/abuse

I have some coins if Apple needs more coins I can give!

By weareyoung
posted on 30 August at 02:01
Report spam/abuse

samsung not gentlemen at all... if lose is means lose.... chicken samsung

By guzp
posted on 30 August at 01:24
Report spam/abuse

Apple should tell Samsung that those are only $700M and tell them to recount it if they want. Apple can get another $300M or they can get Samsung to count their own nickels

By Jatt
posted on 30 August at 00:30
Report spam/abuse

weigh all the trucks (if they are the same) count one and multiple. silly apple

About the author

Jesusmsanchezl 47053 shares