Samsung pays Apple $1 billion sending 30 trucks full of 5 cents coins

Created on 29 August 2012 by Jesusmsanchezl

Samsung vs AppleThis morning more than 30 trucks filled with 5-cent coins arrived at Apple’s headquarters in California. Initially,  the security company that protects the facility said the trucks were in the wrong place, but minutes later, Tim Cook (Apple CEO) received a call from Samsung CEO explaining that  they will pay $1 billion dollars for the fine recently ruled against the South Korean company in this way.

the funny part is that the signed document does not specify a single payment method, so Samsung is entitled to send the creators of the iPhone their billion dollars in the way they deem best.

Lee Kun-Hee

This dirty but genius geek troll play is a new headache to Apple executives as they will need to put in long hours counting all that money, to check if it is all there and to try to deposit it crossing fingers to hope a bank will accept all the coins.

Lee Kun-hee, Chairman of Samsung Electronics, told the media that his company is not going to be intimidated by a group of “geeks with style” and that if they want to play dirty, they also know how to do it.

You can use your coins to buy refreshments at the little machine for life or melt the coins to make computers, that’s not my problem, I already paid them and fulfilled the law.

A total of 20 billion coins, delivery hope to finish this week.

Let’s see how Apple will respond to this.

You didn’t think this could be real right? but hey! you loved it :D

By Texas Marty
posted on 30 August at 14:01
Report spam/abuse

$1B = 20 billion nickels. Each nickel weighs 5 grams. 20B x 5 = 100B grams. 100B grams = 220,462,280 lbs or 110,231 US Tons and 280 lbs. Each long haul 18 wheeler is limited to 80 tons. This shipment would take 1,378 long haul trucks to deliver 1 billion nickels, not merely 30 trucks. Ergo, BIG HOAX!!!

By myestro1111
posted on 30 August at 13:48
Report spam/abuse

You readers are all Soooooo gullible!

-posted from my iPhone

By businessleo
posted on 30 August at 13:44
Report spam/abuse

troll play? The day the execs of samsung are trolls is the day hell freezes over. Samsung should not be paying that anyways, I say well done, I hope they're the dirtiest, nastiest nickels on the face of the planet, that's what apple deserves.

By JohnFarrar
posted on 30 August at 13:39
Report spam/abuse

When are consumers going to wake up and realize Apple is all "flash" and LOW TECH! Samsung can run circles around them and it's the ONLY reason they went after them. Why are they not hunting down Toshiba, or Motorola etc? God I wish I could replace my Galaxy S 4 G phone with a slower 3G iPhone that shatters if you drop it.....NOT!

By mbdrajesh
posted on 30 August at 12:53
Report spam/abuse

samsung has won the innovative ability of apple to find the novel way of paying the fine.now apple should file a suite for the HEADACHE ceated by samsung.

By Mojo
posted on 30 August at 11:37
Report spam/abuse

LOL - fackin' samsung is soo jokess......should have sent an apple in each truck as well......

By Macman
posted on 30 August at 11:34
Report spam/abuse

Typical troll behaviour, spiteful, juvenile, the IT industry are all a bunch of c@&$s, including Apple. Apple are going to bury this little sh it from Samslug. Good luck with that one.

By abdul Halim
posted on 30 August at 11:26
Report spam/abuse

hahaha..hahaha.. this hilarious!!! i'm feeeeling this,samsung lol

By abdul Halim
posted on 30 August at 11:22
Report spam/abuse

hahaha..hahaha.. this hilarious!!! i'm feeeeling this,samsung lol

By yenots
posted on 30 August at 09:19
Report spam/abuse

just weigh it to conserve time ok!!!!