Hair & Beauty Magazine

FFS Friday - ATFL

By Glossqueen @Gloss_Queen
Hello beautiful people! How are you? I've missed blogging, it's nice to be able to sit at my computer without my leg and foot swelling up.
So, do I have some stories to tell. I'll start with the day I busted my ankle.
Turns out the entire events of the day are Tigers fault.
It was Fly Out Day which is always a tough day. Things started normally enough, however I should have known it wasn't going to be a great day when Tiger gave me my morning my afternoon coffee cup.
It's due to that the rest of the day was a disaster. All Tigers fault. If he'd given me my coffee in the right cup it would have been fine.
As usual, Tiger and the boys went for a morning ride. They'd only been gone five minutes when I got a phone call from Tiger. Straight away I knew it wasn't good news.
Chai had fallen off his bike, gone flying through the air and face planted onto the bitumen road. FFS.
I got straight into the car and went to collect them. It was 8.30am, right at school drop off time and they were on the footpath between a high school and primary school.
I raced over there, parked on the foot path and got out. It was then I realised that I was wearing my pj's, dressing gown and Tigers slippers. Nice.
Chai was okay because his helmet took the brunt of the impact. He had a cracked lip, sore nose, grazed chin and a little bruising of his lip but that was it. We were so lucky, it could have been a lot worse.
I got Chai home, cleaned him up and the morning continued. When Tiger left we headed to the gym. We don't usually go to the gym on a Tuesday but Chai wanted to go to take his mind off Tiger leaving.
We were walking through the car park when my left ankle gave way and I landed on my right knee. FFS.
It was so painful that I had to stand there for a few minutes. Chai immediately started panicking and crying so instead of going home and icing my ankle like I wanted to, we continued on into the gym. I could barely walk but had to pretend that I was okay so Chai stayed calm.
If there was anywhere in the gym I could have sat down without Chai seeing me I would have sat there for an hour, but there's not so I did my workout. It was leg day.
Not the smartest decision I've ever made. I did most of the workout, a few exercises were too painful so I skipped them.
After my workout I looked at my ankle and it was only a little bit swollen so I thought I'd just sprained it.
By the time I got home and got us all inside I thought it was broken. It was so very, very painful. I have no idea why I didn't sit down and ice it. Actually that's not true, I do know why. I couldn't risk Chai knowing that I was worried about my ankle because it would have sent him into a panic, so I minimised it and told him I'd just sprained my ankle.
I made a Dr's appointment for first thing the next morning.
As per usual, everything goes wrong when Tiger isn't home. This one is some sort of record though, he'd only been gone half an hour when disaster struck.
By the end of the next day I was in a moon boot with a referral to a surgeon, lots of painkillers and instructions to keep my ankle totally immobile and stay off it.
I have a complete tear of the anterior talo-fibular ligament. According to the ultrasound the atfl is not present. Great. My atfl will not grow back, my ankle will just learn how to function without it.
I'm having physio every week and he expects it'll take three to four months to recover. If it's not better in four months the surgeon will operate. I'm really hoping I don't need surgery because that will be a twelve month recovery period. FFS.
Words cannot describe how grateful I am that it's my left ankle that was injured, because I can still drive (I have an automatic car). I couldn't even begin to imagine how I'd survive if I couldn't drive.
So that's my ankle story. Next week I'll tell you about our visit to the paediatrician.
I hope you are all well, happy and healthy.

Back to Featured Articles on Logo Paperblog