Entertainment Magazine

Jay Z & Beyoncé Release Statement on Solange Elevator Altercation!

Posted on the 15 May 2014 by Thetrophylife @TheTrophyLife

Jay Z & Beyoncé Release Statement on Solange Elevator Altercation!

The now infamous elevator confrontation between Jay Z and sister-in-law Solange, has been the talk of the town lately, with no comments from either parties. Despite making their routine appearance at Barclays Center, the couple hadn’t commented on the issue. Today the two broke their silence releasing a statement via the Associated Press, announcing that the family has “worked through” their issues and will move forward. Speculation of Solange being intoxicated throughout the altercation was also denied.

per ABC News

“As a result of the public release of the elevator security footage from Monday, May 5th, there has been a great deal of speculation about what triggered the unfortunate incident. But the most important thing is that our family has worked through it,” an exclusive statement to The Associated Press said Thursday. “Jay and Solange each assume their share of responsibility for what has occurred. They both acknowledge their role in this private matter that has played out in the public. They both have apologized to each other and we have moved forward as a united family.”

The website TMZ posted the three-minute video Monday and said it was shot last week inside the Standard Hotel in New York City. The video appears to show Solange, Beyonce’s sister, attacking Jay Z in Beyonce’s presence. A security guard intervenes. The footage shows the performers in the outfits they wore to the Met Gala last week. There is no audio.

“The reports of Solange being intoxicated or displaying erratic behavior throughout that evening are simply false,” the statement continued. “At the end of the day families have problems and we’re no different. We love each other and above all we are family. We’ve put this behind us and hope everyone else will do the same.”


Back to Featured Articles on Logo Paperblog