Fortnite producer Epic Games has filed a new injunction against Apple in its ongoing dispute with the tech giant over its App Store policy.
Apple removed Fortnite from the store after the game offered a discount on its virtual currency for purchases made outside of the app, from which Apple receives a 30% cut.
Epic says the rate is unfair.
And now, he says, Apple has threatened to remove it from its developer program on August 28.
This would leave it unable to offer any other games or apps on Apple platforms.
Offering only in-app purchases is a condition of being featured on both Apple's App Store and Google's Play Store, and both companies get the same percentage of sales.
After getting around the rule, Fortnite was removed from both stores last week. He filed separate legal claims against them.
Existing Fortnite players on these platforms (iPhones or Android phones, for example) still have the game but are currently unable to get updates, which are regularly released elsewhere.
New players cannot download it.
Apple has given Epic two weeks to reset in-app payments if it wants Fortnite to return to the store.
- Fortnite sues Google as the battle for the ban intensifies
- Fortnite sues Apple for the App Store ban
In its latest legal documents, Epic claims it will be "irreparably damaged" by being completely removed from Apple's developer program.
The ban would also include its Unreal Engine, a popular graphics tool widely used by third-party developers of other games, movies, and VR, meaning they would have to find an alternative too.
'No exception'
In a statement, Apple said the rules applied to every app in the store and Epic created the problem by choosing to break the terms.
"We will not make an exception for Epic because we don't think it's right to put your business interests ahead of guidelines that protect our customers," he said.
Epic has accused Apple of managing "a complete monopoly" on the billion users of its operating system, which is the foundation of all Apple devices, including iPhones, iPads and Macbooks.
Apple responded that Epic itself had benefited from being on the App Store and had "grown into a multi-billion dollar business".
Epic isn't the first developer to question the App Store's pricing structure, although it is perhaps the largest.
In June, an email app called Hey also objected.
"If we don't like the deal Apple is offering us - which is either paying 30% or getting kicked out - what will we do about it? Where will we go?" developer David Heinemeier Hansson told BBC News at the time.
"If you launch new software today and you're not available on iPhone, you're invisible."
The EU is investigating whether Apple's App Store terms violate its competition rules.
And last month, CEO Tim Cook appeared before the antitrust subcommittee of the Judicial Chamber in the United States, along with counterparts from Amazon, Facebook and Google.
All have faced claims that they have abused their positions as market leaders.
