Going into IQ Trivia, we had five teams separated by four points, but the team in third place, Who's Going To Miss Twinkies More? Cookie Monster or Elmo? got four of the five IQ Trivia questions correct and wound up jumping into the winner's circle with a total of 44 points and won by four points. Congrats to Gillian and her crew on their victory.
Second place was a tie between Silver Snakes and John Quinn: Medicine Cabinet with 40 points, but Silver Snakes was closest to the correct answer to, "How many total people attended the first Thanksgiving feast in 1621?" (It was 142.)
Best Team Name: Paula Broadwell Ate All of Petraeus' Cream Filling & Now There Are No More Twinkies
1. What company is currently facing a $250 million class-action lawsuit for blasting customers with illegal text messages?
2. People magazine selected which 32-year-old film actor as its "Sexiest Man Alive" for 2012?
3. The daughter of what rock star was arrested and then released last week after allegedly overdosing on heroin?
4. Which US state has gotten over 100,000 signatures favoring the state to seceed from the union, the most of any state since President Obama's re-election?
5. Which film crossed the $500 million worldwide box office mark last week, becoming the highest grossing "R" rated comedy of all-time?
6. 50 children and the driver of a school bus were killed last Saturday when it was struck by a train in which Middle Eastern country?
7. What heavy metal band finally ended its boycott of iTunes and released their entire back catalog on the digital music store yesterday?
1. Which 20th century US president proclaimed that the fourth Thursday in November to be Thanksgiving Day?
2. In which decade did the first Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade take place?
3. What folk singer recorded "Alice's Restaurant", about a memorable Thanksgiving Day in his life?
4. Of the three utensils we use to eat (fork, spoon and knife), which was not present at the first Thanksgiving feast?
5. Name 1 of the 2 NFL teams that traditionally host an NFL game on Thanksgiving Day.
6. In what current US state was the first Thanksgiving held?
7. True or False: The Apollo 11 astronauts ate a Thanksgiving turkey dinner on the moon.
True or False Trivia ("The Q Train")
1. The palms of your hands and the soles of your feet cannot grow hair.
2. Iron is the most used metal in the world today.
3. Coal miner is the most dangerous job in America.
4. Abraham Lincoln was the first president to have a Christmas tree in the White House.
5. Black pepper is the most popular spice in the world.
6. A baseball will travel further in hotter temperatures than in cold.
7. FDR was the first president to deliver a speech on the radio.
8. The Hundred Years War actually lasted less than 100 years.
9. Ringo Starr's name translated into Japanese actually means "apple sauce."
10. India has the most post offices in the world.
1. Aboriginals are indigenous to what nation? ( 1 pt)
2. Forrest Gump's mother told him that life is like what? ( 1 pt)
3. "The Great War" is a nickname for what 20th century conflict? ( 1 pt)
4. In literature, who was the captain of "The Pequod?" ( 2 pt)
5. How many US states border the state of Minnesota? ( 2 pt)
6. Rabat is the capital of what African nation? ( 2 pt)
7. What hotel/casino was founded by gangster Bugsy Siegel in Las Vegas in 1947? ( 3 pt)
1. What country denounced sloppy men's hairstyles in a state-run TV series in 2004 entitled "Let Us Trim Our Hair in Accordance With the Socialist Lifestyle?" ( 3 points)
2. What is the only US state that has an element in the periodic table named after it? ( 5 points)
3. The Queen Elizabeth Islands are found in what ocean? ( 4 points)
4. The three tallest statues in the world all depict what figure? ( 4 points)
5. Only two US presidents never gave a State of the Union address: William Henry Harrison and which other president? ( 4 points)
1. Papa John's; 2. Channing Tatum; 3. Jon Bon Jovi; 4. Texas; 5. "Ted;" 6. Egypt; 7. AC/DC.
1. FDR; 2. 1920s (1924); 3. Arlo Guthrie; 4. fork; 5. Detroit Lions and Dallas Cowboys; 6. Massachusetts; 7. true.
True or False Trivia ("The Q Train")
1. true; 2. true; 3. false, fisherman; 4. false, Franklin Pierce; 5. true; 6. true; 7. false, Warren G. Harding; 8. false, 116 years; 9. true; 10. true.
1. Australia; 2. a box of chocolates; 3. World War I; 4. Captain Ahab; 5. four (ND, SD, IA, WI); 6. Morocco; 7. Flamingo.
1. North Korea; 2. California; 3. Arctic; 4. Buddha; 5. James Garfield.
These articles might interest you :
We had 16 teams in on another rainy night in New York City, and I was pleasantly surprised to see my old friend Mariangela, who was a longtime Trivia Night... Read moreThe 30 November 2011 by Theomnipotentq
Our three week hiatus ended on Tuesday night, and Trivia Night was back in full swing with 20 teams taking part, with most of the regulars back in as well. Read moreThe 14 November 2012 by Theomnipotentq
There were 22 teams in for Trivia on Tuesday night, a night when it was cold and a bit rainy, but that doesn't keep my Trivia regulars away, no sir! Read moreThe 28 November 2012 by Theomnipotentq
Congratulations to the team of Kidnapping In Kyrgystan, who won Tuesday Night Trivia tonight and will represent The Mad Hatter at the 2013 NYC Trivia... Read moreThe 06 November 2013 by Theomnipotentq
Located 1,540 meters above sea level in the mountains of Benguet, Baguio is one of the highest cities in the Philippines. That altitude and the inland location... Read moreThe 05 June 2015 by Adrenaline Romance
Hey guys, long time no talk. Nice to be back on the board... Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving! As you probably know by now, the top four were chosen to be... Read moreThe 08 December 2014 by Kipper
Tiger Woods says he "feels great" and that he is excited to return to competitive golf but are fans expectations too high for the new and improved Eldrick Tont... Read moreThe 04 December 2014 by Golfforbeginners
MOST POPULAR FROM BASEBALLAll articles
MOST RECOMMENDED IN BASEBALL
- The puzzling relationship between Reggie Jackson and his adoring public. by Gary
- Quote of the day by Precious Sanders
- Infographic: The Science of the Baseball Swing by Precious Sanders
- Still Searching For a New Trivia Home by Theomnipotentq