Trivia Q&A;: September 18Posted on the 19 September 2012 by Theomnipotentq
We had some really good scores for 1970s Trivia, and for TV Networks Trivia (I think I made it a little too easy to be honest). We had no perfect scores for General Knowledge, but we did have two teams who got all five questions in IQ Trivia correct, including the winners, Did Sgt. Brody Beat Off On Our Nachos, who wound up with 51 points and won by a comfortable 10 points. Second place was a tie, and we broke it by asking, "How many electoral votes did Jimmy Carter get in his 1976 presidential victory?" It was 297, and the team of Tax Panther: 47% of the Time It Doesn't Pay Income Tax Every Time was closest and won, with Mustard Squid 3.0 Deluxe finishing in third.
We will also be moving the start time of Tuesday Night Trivia permanently to 8:30 PM starting next week. I've had some requests to begin a bit earlier from the regulars, and so we will do that starting on September 25th. (I got nothing but smiles and applause when I announced that on Tuesday night!)
1. Over 300 people were killed in two separate garment factory fires in what Asian country last Tuesday?
2. Name 1of the 2 singers who were named as judges on the TV show "American Idol" for its 12th season this past week.
3. Lawyers are currently seeking an injunction to prevent a French magazine from publishing photos of what famous woman sunbathing topless in the south of France?
4. Thousands of people took to the streets for the independence of Catalonia from Spain last Tuesday. The marches were held in what city, which is Catalonia's capital?
5. Apple reported record pre-order sales of its new iPhone 5, selling approximately how many in the first 24 hours, which was double the previous record of the iPhone 4?
6. What female pop singer will be singing the theme song to the new James Bond film "Skyfall," which will be released next month?
7. What movie sequel garnered over $21 million at the box office and earned the title of the number one film in America?
1. In 1978, "I Will Survive" was a number one disco hit for what female singer?
2. Cult leader Jim Jones and over 900 of his followers committed mass suicide in 1978 in what South American country?
3. In 1970, four students were killed by National Guard members during a Vietnam War protest at what midwest university?
4. Steve Cauthen gained international fame in the late 1970s in what sport?
5. In what year of the 1970s did South Vietnam unconditionally surrender after it was invaded by North Vietnam?
6. Barry Gibb wrote the title track to the 1978 film adaptation of what hit Broadway musical?
7. For what film did Jack Nicholson win his first Academy Award in 1975?
TV Networks Trivia ("The Q Train")
1. Modern Family
3. Parks and Recreation
4. Mad Men
5. Boardwalk Empire
6. Family Guy
10. White Collar
1. After how many years is the golden wedding anniversary celebrated? ( 1 pt)
2. What is the fewest number of US states one can go through to go from Canada to Mexico? ( 1 pt)
3. In front of what famous structure did Martin Luther King deliver his "I Have a Dream" speech? ( 1 pt)
4. Tierra Del Fuego is located in what two South American countries? ( 2 pt)
5. "The Hippy Dippy Weatherman" was a character created by what famous comedian? ( 2 pt)
6. What river runs through the Grand Canyon? ( 2 pt)
7. How many points are on the maple leaf on the Canadian national flag? ( 3 pt)
1. What African nation was the first country in the world to recognize the United States as an independent country in 1777? ( 4 points)
2. "Breakfast at Tiffany's" was a novella written in 1958 by what author? ( 3 points)
3. In the NATO phonetic alphabet, what word represents the letter "F"? ( 4 points)
4. "Tactical Nuclear Penguin" is a name given to what? ( 5 points)
5. Robert Recorde was a 16th century Welsh mathematician and physician. Name 1 of the 2 mathematical symbols he is credited with introducing. ( 4 points)
1. Pakistan; 2. Keith Urban and Nicki Minaj; 3. Kate Middleton; 4. Barcelona; 5. two million; 6. Adele; 7. "Resident Evil: Retribution:"
1. Gloria Gaynor; 2. Guyana; 3. Kent State; 4. horse racing; 5. 1975; 6. "Grease;" 7. "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest."
TV Networks Trivia ("The Q Train")
1. ABC; 2. Showtime; 3. NBC; 4. AMC; 5. HBO; 6. Fox; 7. Starz; 8. CBS; 9. TNT; 10. USA.
1. fifty; 2. three; 3. Lincoln Memorial; 4. Argentina and Chile; 5. George Carlin; 6. Colorado; 7. eleven.
1. Morocco; 2. Truman Capote; 3. foxtrot; 4. Scottish beer; 5. Equals (=) and plus (+) signs.
You Might Also Like :
These articles might interest you :
We had a nice bounce back after the last two weeks when the crowds were a bit off for Trivia Night at Professor Thom's. 20 teams were in, and the crowd was... Read moreThe 14 September 2011 by Theomnipotentq
We had a couple of large groups of NYU students in on Wednesday night at Josie Wood's, and it certainly made for a spirited night of Trivia. They are my newest... Read moreThe 15 September 2011 by Theomnipotentq
We had 19 teams in for Trivia on Tuesday night, as the night started off a bit slow, but got going as we got into the later rounds. Read moreThe 21 September 2011 by Theomnipotentq
It was a rather mellow night on Tuesday, with the Labor Day weekend having just finished, so we had 15 teams in for Trivia. What I expected as we begin... Read moreThe 05 September 2012 by Theomnipotentq
We had 16 teams in on our special Wednesday night edition of Trivia. It was a good turnout despite the change of day and time, and I thank those folks who were... Read moreThe 13 September 2012 by Theomnipotentq
We bumped "Florida Trivia" last Tuesday as the Special Category for Trivia Night, as we honored the victims of the Boston Marathon attacks with a round of... Read moreThe 22 April 2013 by Theomnipotentq
It was an unusual night at The Mad Hatter on Tuesday, as there was a birthday celebration going on in about half of the bar. So we had to keep the Trivia... Read moreThe 27 February 2013 by Theomnipotentq
MOST POPULAR FROM BASEBALL
- A small tip for a bigger curve ball by Meachrm
- Sox End a Terrific Road Trip As An Old Friend Returns by Theomnipotentq
- Make the target bigger for more strikes by Meachrm
- Trivia Q&A;: May 22 by Theomnipotentq
Amanda Knox John Galliano True Blood X-Factor Egypt European Union Lady Gaga Hurricane Sandy Barack Obama Samsung Apple North Korea Economy Thanksgiving Academy Awards Rick Perry China Christmas Conflict in Syria Norway Terror Attacks Nuclear Energy Lance Armstrong Mitt Romney The Papacy Climate Change Apps Mali Russia Harry Potter News Corp