Trivia Q&A;: March 20Posted on the 21 March 2012 by Theomnipotentq
We had some decent numbers for Which Came First Trivia and True or False Trivia, and they were better for General Knowledge. But last week I promised harder questions for IQ Trivia and I didn't let the Trivia players down on that one. Only one team got as many as 4 of 5 correct, and that was the winning team of Lehigh? F'n Lehigh? who rolled up 49 points and won easily by 9 points.
Second place went to A Liberal, A Moderate and a Conservative Walk Into a Bar, The Bartender Said: "Hi Mitt!" with 40 points, and third place went to Everytime Gronk Plows a 16-Year-Old Girl In The Caribbean, They Get An Earthquake and An Angel Gets Its Wings with 38 points.
Best Team Name: Where's Quinn's Turtle Neck?
1. President Obama was sharply criticized by the Presidential Center of what 19th century US president, after he said that his predecessor never liked the telephone, and "that's why he's not on Mt. Rushmore"?
2. What African country launched military attacks into the small neighboring of Eritrea last week?
3. What ex-politician began a 14-year sentence in a federal prison in Colorado on corruption charges last week?
4. Actor George Clooney was among many arrested last Friday protesting at what African country's embassy in Washington DC?
5. Rowan Williams announced last Friday he was stepping down as the head of what church he presided over since 2002?
6. What island nation is Pope Benedict XVI making his first ever visit to, next week from March 26-28?
7. Wikileaks founder Julian Assange announced last week he will run for a Senate seat in what country, despite the fact he is currently under house arrest in the UK?
Which Came First Trivia
1. a. American Civil War ends; b. Canada becomes an independent nation.
2. a. Watergate break-in occurs; b. "The Godfather" film is first released.
3. a. Bill Clinton is elected president for the first time; b. The World Series is canceled for the first time by a strike.
4. a. Charles Lindbergh flies solo across the Atlantic Ocean for the first time; b. The stock market crashes and the Great Depression begins.
5. a. Saigon falls and Vietnam reunifies; b. Richard Nixon resigns and Gerald Ford becomes president.
6. a. Bernie Madoff is arrested for running a Ponzi scheme; b. Barack Obama is elected the 44th US president.
7. a. The Berlin Wall comes down; b. Iraq invades Kuwait.
True or False Trivia ("The Q Train")
1. When you sneeze, all your bodily functions stop, including your heart.
2. Ostriches stick their heads in the sand to search for water.
3. The average housefly lives for one year.
4. Babies are born without kneecaps.
5. Cary Grant was once offered the role of James Bond.
6. The can opener was invented nearly 50 years after the tin can was.
7. California is the US state with the most national parks.
8. Ronald Reagan was the first choice by Warner Brothers to play Rick Blaine in "Casablanca."
9. Andrew Johnson is the only US president who was once held as a prisoner of war.
10. The zipper was invented before the toothbrush.
1. Montego Bay is the fourth largest city in what Caribbean island nation? ( 1 pt)
2. Tony Hawk is known as one of the most successful pioneers in what activity? ( 1 pt)
3. Who was the only US president born during World War I? ( 1 pt)
4. What country's national flag symbol is two congruent blue equilateral triangles overlapping each other? ( 2 pt)
5. What is the only non-contagious disease that children can be vaccinated against? ( 2 pt)
6. Actor Bill Cosby earned his doctorate degree in what field? ( 2 pt)
7. Which state is home to the Arizona Beverage Company, producer of iced tea and energy drinks? ( 3 pt)
1. What US state's flag has a covered wagon and two boats on one side, and a beaver on the other? ( 4 points)
2. What is made up of parts including the gorget, the hauberk and the cuirass? ( 5 points)
3. The Gunpowder Plot of 1605 was a failed assassination plot against what English monarch? ( 4 points)
4. Besides seeds, spermology is the study of what? ( 4 points)
5. What alcoholic drink is made of vodka, orange juice and galliano? ( 3 points)
1. Rutherford B. Hayes; 2. Ethiopia; 3. Rod Blagojevich; 4. Sudan; 5. Anglican (Church of England); 6. Cuba; 7. Australia.
Which Came First Trivia
1. a; 2. b; 3. a; 4. a; 5. b; 6.b; 7.a.
True or False Trivia ("The Q Train")
1. true; 2. true; 3. false, one month; 4. true; 5. true; 6. true; 7. false, Alaska; 8. true; 9. false, Andrew Jackson; 10. false.
1. Jamaica; 2. skateboarding; 3. John F. Kennedy; 4. Israel; 5. tetanus; 6. education; 7. New York.
1. Oregon; 2. medieval suit of armor; 3. James I; 4. trivia; 5. Harvey Wallbanger.
You Might Also Like :
These articles might interest you :
We close out Trivia Night for 2012 on Wednesday night, with a special edition due to the fact that Christmas Day fell on a Tuesday this year. Read moreThe 26 December 2012 by Theomnipotentq
Trivia Night this Tuesday, January 15th at 8:30 PM will feature "Trivia of the Last Decade" as the Special Category. I will ask you seven questions from events... Read moreThe 14 January 2013 by Theomnipotentq
We had a terrific crowd in for our Christmas version of Trivia Night, with 20 teams taking part. We had some low scores to open Current Events, but they picked... Read moreThe 19 December 2012 by Theomnipotentq
It was nice to see a good crowd in Professor Thom's for Trivia on a special Wednesday night to start the year of 2013. Many of the regulars were back after... Read moreThe 03 January 2013 by Theomnipotentq
We had 20 teams in on a busy Trivia night, and our return to Tuesday night. The scores were very good through the first four rounds. Read moreThe 09 January 2013 by Theomnipotentq
We bumped "Florida Trivia" last Tuesday as the Special Category for Trivia Night, as we honored the victims of the Boston Marathon attacks with a round of... Read moreThe 22 April 2013 by Theomnipotentq
It was an unusual night at The Mad Hatter on Tuesday, as there was a birthday celebration going on in about half of the bar. So we had to keep the Trivia... Read moreThe 27 February 2013 by Theomnipotentq
MOST POPULAR FROM BASEBALL
- A small tip for a bigger curve ball by Meachrm
- Sox End a Terrific Road Trip As An Old Friend Returns by Theomnipotentq
- Make the target bigger for more strikes by Meachrm
- Trivia Q&A;: May 22 by Theomnipotentq
Amanda Knox John Galliano True Blood X-Factor Egypt European Union Lady Gaga Hurricane Sandy Barack Obama Samsung Apple North Korea Economy Thanksgiving Academy Awards Rick Perry China Christmas Conflict in Syria Norway Terror Attacks Nuclear Energy Lance Armstrong Mitt Romney The Papacy Climate Change Apps Mali Russia Harry Potter News Corp