Trivia Q&A: March 20By Theomnipotentq
We had some decent numbers for Which Came First Trivia and True or False Trivia, and they were better for General Knowledge. But last week I promised harder questions for IQ Trivia and I didn't let the Trivia players down on that one. Only one team got as many as 4 of 5 correct, and that was the winning team of Lehigh? F'n Lehigh? who rolled up 49 points and won easily by 9 points.
Second place went to A Liberal, A Moderate and a Conservative Walk Into a Bar, The Bartender Said: "Hi Mitt!" with 40 points, and third place went to Everytime Gronk Plows a 16-Year-Old Girl In The Caribbean, They Get An Earthquake and An Angel Gets Its Wings with 38 points.
Best Team Name: Where's Quinn's Turtle Neck?
1. President Obama was sharply criticized by the Presidential Center of what 19th century US president, after he said that his predecessor never liked the telephone, and "that's why he's not on Mt. Rushmore"?
2. What African country launched military attacks into the small neighboring of Eritrea last week?
3. What ex-politician began a 14-year sentence in a federal prison in Colorado on corruption charges last week?
4. Actor George Clooney was among many arrested last Friday protesting at what African country's embassy in Washington DC?
5. Rowan Williams announced last Friday he was stepping down as the head of what church he presided over since 2002?
6. What island nation is Pope Benedict XVI making his first ever visit to, next week from March 26-28?
7. Wikileaks founder Julian Assange announced last week he will run for a Senate seat in what country, despite the fact he is currently under house arrest in the UK?
Which Came First Trivia
1. a. American Civil War ends; b. Canada becomes an independent nation.
2. a. Watergate break-in occurs; b. "The Godfather" film is first released.
3. a. Bill Clinton is elected president for the first time; b. The World Series is canceled for the first time by a strike.
4. a. Charles Lindbergh flies solo across the Atlantic Ocean for the first time; b. The stock market crashes and the Great Depression begins.
5. a. Saigon falls and Vietnam reunifies; b. Richard Nixon resigns and Gerald Ford becomes president.
6. a. Bernie Madoff is arrested for running a Ponzi scheme; b. Barack Obama is elected the 44th US president.
7. a. The Berlin Wall comes down; b. Iraq invades Kuwait.
True or False Trivia ("The Q Train")
1. When you sneeze, all your bodily functions stop, including your heart.
2. Ostriches stick their heads in the sand to search for water.
3. The average housefly lives for one year.
4. Babies are born without kneecaps.
5. Cary Grant was once offered the role of James Bond.
6. The can opener was invented nearly 50 years after the tin can was.
7. California is the US state with the most national parks.
8. Ronald Reagan was the first choice by Warner Brothers to play Rick Blaine in "Casablanca."
9. Andrew Johnson is the only US president who was once held as a prisoner of war.
10. The zipper was invented before the toothbrush.
1. Montego Bay is the fourth largest city in what Caribbean island nation? ( 1 pt)
2. Tony Hawk is known as one of the most successful pioneers in what activity? ( 1 pt)
3. Who was the only US president born during World War I? ( 1 pt)
4. What country's national flag symbol is two congruent blue equilateral triangles overlapping each other? ( 2 pt)
5. What is the only non-contagious disease that children can be vaccinated against? ( 2 pt)
6. Actor Bill Cosby earned his doctorate degree in what field? ( 2 pt)
7. Which state is home to the Arizona Beverage Company, producer of iced tea and energy drinks? ( 3 pt)
1. What US state's flag has a covered wagon and two boats on one side, and a beaver on the other? ( 4 points)
2. What is made up of parts including the gorget, the hauberk and the cuirass? ( 5 points)
3. The Gunpowder Plot of 1605 was a failed assassination plot against what English monarch? ( 4 points)
4. Besides seeds, spermology is the study of what? ( 4 points)
5. What alcoholic drink is made of vodka, orange juice and galliano? ( 3 points)
1. Rutherford B. Hayes; 2. Ethiopia; 3. Rod Blagojevich; 4. Sudan; 5. Anglican (Church of England); 6. Cuba; 7. Australia.
Which Came First Trivia
1. a; 2. b; 3. a; 4. a; 5. b; 6.b; 7.a.
True or False Trivia ("The Q Train")
1. true; 2. true; 3. false, one month; 4. true; 5. true; 6. true; 7. false, Alaska; 8. true; 9. false, Andrew Jackson; 10. false.
1. Jamaica; 2. skateboarding; 3. John F. Kennedy; 4. Israel; 5. tetanus; 6. education; 7. New York.
1. Oregon; 2. medieval suit of armor; 3. James I; 4. trivia; 5. Harvey Wallbanger.
These articles might interest you :
Hello basketball fans, players, coaches and the like I found an article from All About Basketball Around The World FB Page and did you know that Philippines is... Read moreThe 08 September 2013 by Thesilentpal
ATHLETICS, COMMUNITY, SPORTS
When great actors and great filmmakers collaborate, we get to witness a great film. Be it the Marlon Brando-Francis Ford Coppola's Godfather, Brad Pitt-David... Read moreThe 24 May 2013 by Rukhaiyaaramrit
We had yet another amazing night of Trivia on Tuesday night. We had a new record for teams: 29. The bar was nearly as crowded as it is for a Red Sox playoff... Read moreThe 07 March 2012 by Theomnipotentq
It was yet again an amazing night at Professor Thom's, as for the third time in the last two months, and in two consecutive weeks, we set another new record... Read moreThe 14 March 2012 by Theomnipotentq
The Met's Summer HD Festival repeats La Damnation de Faust. by Paul J. Pelkonen Let's make a deal: Méphistophèles (John Relyea, left) offers advice to Marcello... Read moreThe 01 September 2013 by Superconductor
CULTURE, THEATRE & OPERA
Today Sunni Overend stops by to share an excerpt from her book, March. Excerpt from Chapter 1 of March ‘It’s your bloody fault, you’ll bloody fix it! Read moreThe 16 November 2013 by Donnambr
Their goal is to stop the Rampal coal-fired power plant and all activities that would destroy the Sundarbans, the world’s largest mangrove forest. Read moreThe 27 September 2013 by Earth First! Newswire
MOST POPULAR FROM BASEBALL
- Well Played, Ben Cherington by Theomnipotentq
- So Long, Salty by Theomnipotentq
- Finish high and let it fly by Meachrm
- Be athletic by Meachrm