Is Marriage Obsolete?Posted on the 21 July 2011 by Thefriskyvirgin
Recently, I saw a poll showing how roughly 60% of people now believe marriage is becoming obsolete.
Then, while contemplating an excursion in online dating, I found an article where the founder of e-Harmony basically says we may no longer need marriage. Of course, he does go on to say that marriage can be a beautiful, fulfilling experience if people took the time to select a marriage partner. This makes sense, given how many people we see jumping into marriage at the drop of a dime, only to hop right back out in the not-so-distant future.
Do I need to rethink this marriage thing? Could I?
I get that it's just a piece of paper and it shouldn't matter when it comes to love. But, well, I just can't accept that...not for me. Maybe I'm too old-fashioned for my own good because I still believe in true love and marriage. I know the world has changed; I understand the dynamics of relationships have changed. And I'm acutely aware that I was, in all likelihood, born in the wrong era. Still, I love believing in what doesn't seem possible.
Here's the question burning my brain cells: If the majority of the world views marriage as wholly unnecessary, how does someone like me ever hope to find a man in this great big cynical world who still believes in a little thing called vows?
You Might Also Like :
These articles might interest you :
Marriage is like a bank account if you don't put anything in, you won't get anything out. Jared and I are working really hard to better our marriage. Read moreThe 26 March 2013 by Mikidemann
DIARIES, SELF EXPRESSION
The success of the campaign to legalise gay-marriage across many western countries is quite momentous. It is astonishing to see how fast political and popular... Read moreThe 30 March 2013 by Philosopher's Beard
DEBATE, PHILOSOPHY, SOCIETY
Just last month in Buenos Aires, Mauricio Macri, the mayor of Buenos Aires, approved gay marriage for foreigners. Now any foreign couple visiting the city can... Read moreThe 14 June 2012 by Expanishargentina
DESTINATIONS, LGBTQ, SOCIETY, TRAVEL
Many individuals and couples come into therapy with a similar relationship complaint: being married isn’t what they expected. More specifically, the reality of... Read moreThe 01 May 2013 by Nathan Feiles, Lmsw
LOVE & SEX, RELATIONSHIPS
Had not been for this topic given by IndiBlogger & Sony entertainment television and the courage to actually pen your real life thoughts on moments I ... Read moreThe 20 August 2012 by Poorvishrivastav
The right-wing, especially the fundamentalists, want to separate some rights from others. For them, the right to own a firearm is a right that should be extende... Read moreThe 28 March 2013 by Jobsanger
The argument in this country over same sex marriage is viewed differently by different groups. The right-wing fundamentalists say it is a religious rite, and... Read moreThe 03 April 2013 by Jobsanger
MOST POPULAR FROM DEBATE
- I'm working on it with my adviser - Jacob Barnett just understands the math. by Freeplanet
- Karachi Election 2013 Rigging Video Exposed by Itzmealie
- dream - Black Bear pursuit to 37 Elizabeth Road - Strictly Come Dancing by Freeplanet
- Scandal Monger: Holder's days 'numbered' by Hughvw
MOST RECOMMENDED IN DEBATE
- Pakistanis and Saudis caught trespassing at Boston’s water supply by Eowyn
- PMLN Fake Vote Caster & Election Commission Agent Caught Red Handed by Mubashir Luqman ARY News TV by Itzmealie
- Should Congress Enact an “Amazon Tax?” by Real Talk
- Senator quits over Obamacare by Hughvw
ON THE DEBATE FORUM
- PIA airhostess arrested at Manchester airport ... Reviewed by Waqar Hasan
- DON’T LOOK AWAY Reviewed by Bisnis Online Modal 50 Ribu
- Tucson declares state of emergency & ... Reviewed by New World Order Freedom Fighter
- Accidental Shooting Death in the Bronx ... Reviewed by Shorty Dipshit