Evolution of Recess is a Merry-go-RoundBy Rachel
Survival of the fittest on a playground may be a decent way to allow the mind and body to break-away from structured performance based learning. Although, students are challenged and bullies are on parade. Could higher performance standards or record stress and obesity levels lead to a need for recess reform?
Can we structure the playgrounds to provide refuge to the downtrodden, peace-loving kid? Play-as-you-Grow Idealism is Bully Free. Every voice is heard, Safe2Tell offers an anonymous way to report violence on campus. Grants are available to assist schools, teachers, parents and kids to take action.
Here are the top 3 suggestions for kids looking to break-free from 'ol school recess.
1. Reference Harvard's Summary of Bullying Law in your defense to the right to play FAI.R
2. Keep your state's current voted-in Bullying Laws in your google docs drive.
3. Handout Safe Communities ~ Safe Schools Pre-Planning Assessment Checklist.
On a less serious note, you have the power to bluff a bully. If your non-violent bully is like most, then your attention is their source of power. A good strategy is to remain calm and less bothered by teasing words. As a response to a bully who is saying silly things that are intended to hurt your feelings, try saying, "so." Instead of giving them more of your time, give bullies less of your time.
These articles might interest you :
That means I didn’t, relax Dad.Valentine’s Day, the one day of the year that commemorates the commercialization of love. That’s so cute. Read moreThe 15 February 2015 by Brendan Dabhi
William Laurance, a distinguished research professor at James Cook University in Cairns, has received the most esteemed prize awarded by the renowned... Read moreThe 15 February 2015 by Bradshaw
I am not a “fancy” person. While I like dressing up and attending formal events on occasion, I am a pretty regular gal. I rarely do fancy things for holidays,... Read moreThe 14 February 2015 by Forayintofood
FOOD & DRINK
Today marks the debut of the movie 50 Shades of Grey. it is based on the book of the same name. The book and movie (as well as its origination texts, the... Read moreThe 14 February 2015 by Elizabethprata
Photographer Peter Macdiarmid gathered modern photos from Europe and layered them on top of historic pictures of WWI, to give a sense of how much, or, in same... Read moreThe 14 February 2015 by Inspirion
ART & DESIGN, ENTERTAINMENT, TECH
MOST POPULAR FROM BODY, MIND, SPIRIT
- What's life without a bit of Extraordinary Dessert? by Bethschreibmangehring
- The CVV Sharing Meeting – An Experience of Group Synthesis by Luphil
MOST RECOMMENDED IN BODY, MIND, SPIRIT
- Milady's Pantry & Stillroom ~ The Practical Gardiner (1682-1745) by Bethschreibmangehring
- GHOST WRITERS – Review and Interview on Channeling Great Writers of the Past by Beccachopra
- Doubt vs. Confidence vs. Over-Confidence by Ryanshelton7
- Choosing Slow by Healingyoga
COMMUNITY BODY, MIND, SPIRIT
ON THE BODY, MIND, SPIRIT FORUM
- ‘Motion Fun.’ Reviewed by Ken Menard