Dontcha Just Love BanksPosted on the 24 January 2011 by Seabee
'A bank' doesn't get things wrong.
It's people. People stuff up.
People are the problem, and some of them are employed by banks.
I'll link two events, a couple of months and thousands of kilometres apart. A visit to our Aussie bank back in December and a visit to our snail-mail PO Box in Dubai this morning.
Back in Oz in December, Mrs Seabee went into our bank to ask for a new cheque book, which we'd pick up from them.
Apparently 'the system' says that you can't, they have to snail-mail it to you.
Resignedly, Mrs Seabee replied: "OK. Send the new chequebook to our Australian address".
The bank clerk somehow heard: "Send a new Deposit Book to our Dubai PO Box".
These articles might interest you :
Football Tips A largely uninspiring win against Malta in Gareth Southgate's first game in charge, may not have won many fans over, but the interim manager... Read moreBy Sporrtsman
No, I’m not really in Paris now, but I planned ahead with these fall outfit photos. Wearing: earrings | coat | necklace | necklace | jeans (similar) | bracelet... Read moreBy Unefemme
One day I just said “I want to start a blog”, and went ahead and did it. I ended up starting 4 blogs over the pastÂ 3 years. Using my blogs, I am now able to... Read moreBy Nick Creighton
BUSINESS, CAREER, MARKETING & ADVERTISING, TECH
Websites are the foundation of any business organization’s online presence. They are an essential asset to companies and they need to be updated and... Read moreBy Finoit Labs
What is a canker sore? It is a sore that is shallow and is a type of ulcer that is found in the mouth, usually on the tongue, lip, cheek or gums. Read moreBy Sergey Kushchak
"Empowering people everywhere to revolutionize their health" is the purpose of Diet Doctor. To succeed we need to build a great team - a group of people that ar... Read moreBy Dietdoctor
DIET & WEIGHT, HEALTH, HEALTHY LIVING, MEDICINE
Chef/patron, John Quigley operates Red Onion in the city centre of Glasgow and has a good few stories to tell over The post WIN – Day 4 Meal at Red Onion... Read more12 hours, 12 minutes ago by Emma
DESTINATIONS, DINING OUT, FOOD & DRINK
- Greg Palast and the Presidential Recount by Lowell
- Ladders Summary: The Little Giant Safety Steps by Bonsoni.com
- The Best from Miami Swimwear Week Spring-Summer 2017 by Attireclub
- It's Not Broken, so leave it alone by Doggone
MOST LIKES ON FACEBOOK
- The death of Fidel Castro: how newspapers covered it by Themarioblog
- How Fasting Affects Your Physiology and Hormones by Dietdoctor
- BMJ Stands Behind Nina Teicholz’ Critique of the US Dietary Guidelines by Dietdoctor
- Scientists have long feared this ‘feedback’ to the climate system. Now they say it’s happening – Washington Post by Garry Rogers