Last LapBy Seabee
Everything's done, except packing the bags and we always leave that to the last minute.
The online tracking system shows that the ship with our container of belongings arrived in Sydney on schedule last week. It does say that customs clearance was completed today but as I expect a bill from customs I don't believe that.
It also says Quarantine Date was August 5, but I'm not sure what that actually means. The Quarantine Service in Australia is very tough and I fully expect them to demand that at least some of the furniture is fumigated but I've heard nothing about that so far. Usually they send a Quarantine Notice saying why fumigation (or destruction) is required and the cost of doing whichever one you choose.
Anyway, it seems to indicate that our belongings should be delivered not too far from when we arrive ourselves.
The shuttle is booked to get us from Sydney International early on Sunday morning and I'm hoping we'll be home by about 10am. The forecast is sunny with a possible shower and a max of 18C - that's very different from the horribly humid day we're having in Dubai. The worst humidity of the summer I reckon.
These articles might interest you :
Today the NYC Democrats will decide who they want to represent them in the races for mayor and comptroller -- and two final polls have come out on those races. Read moreThe 10 September 2013 by Jobsanger
These holidays I’m republishing some old posts that newer readers might have missed first time around. Enjoy!I hate naming favourites. Favourite band, movie,... Read moreThe 27 December 2012 by Eemusings
Summertime in England… and football has been nudged aside to allow Cricket to take centre stage. The most important fixture on the calendar of our national... Read moreThe 17 July 2013 by Lwblog
DESTINATIONS, SPORTS, TRAVEL
Last week I asked my brother if he would want to run one last race with me in 2012. It was a trail race and there were four options: 8k, Half Marathon, 30k or... Read moreThe 04 January 2013 by Travelspot06
I don't know what it is with me and last flights. My last flight as a freight pilot? Nightmare. My last flight as a regional airline pilot? Nightmare. I flew... Read moreThe 04 April 2013 by Aafo4ever
CAREER, TECH, TRAVEL
First it was the Exxon pipeline near Mayflower (Arkansas) that dumped a few thousand barrels of oil (diluted bitumen) into the environment. Read moreThe 07 April 2013 by Jobsanger
(Credit: Flickr @ Heather Kennedy http://www.flickr.com/photos/moria/)Researchers at the SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory and Stanford have found that the... Read moreThe 21 August 2013 by Dailyfusion
CURRENT, ENVIRONMENT, SOCIETY
MOST POPULAR FROM SOCIETY
- Broadband Internet Access and Development in Latin America and the Caribbean by Center For International Private Enterprise
- While global anti-Semitism surges, don't forget U.S. campuses by Mikelumish
- Gerald Celente: We’re Building Up to World War III - Greg Hunter Interview With Gerald Celente by Susanduclos
- Richard Rodriguez, Darling: A Spiritual Autobiography: "It Is Because the Church Needs Women That I Depend Upon Women to Protect the Church from Its Impulse to Cleanse Itself of Me" by William Lindsey
Kony North Korea Charlie Sheen Apps Lance Armstrong Economy Harry Potter World Cup 2014 The Olympics Climate Change Mali Halloween DSK Rick Perry Egypt Barack Obama Samsung Thanksgiving X-Factor Michelle Rodriguez Father's Day Turkey Apple True Blood European Union Russia Nuclear Energy Lady Gaga China Christmas
ON THE SOCIETY FORUM
- Mid-Week News One-Liners: Oklahoma and Equal ... Reviewed by Auto Empeño
- Support Women Artists Sunday: Caitlin Rose Reviewed by Wholesale Cheap Capitals Jerseys China
- BBC cuts: swingeing or super? Delivering ... Reviewed by Florentino Duerksen
- V: The Philosophy Of The Origin ... Reviewed by Kennethsa