Last LapBy Seabee
Everything's done, except packing the bags and we always leave that to the last minute.
The online tracking system shows that the ship with our container of belongings arrived in Sydney on schedule last week. It does say that customs clearance was completed today but as I expect a bill from customs I don't believe that.
It also says Quarantine Date was August 5, but I'm not sure what that actually means. The Quarantine Service in Australia is very tough and I fully expect them to demand that at least some of the furniture is fumigated but I've heard nothing about that so far. Usually they send a Quarantine Notice saying why fumigation (or destruction) is required and the cost of doing whichever one you choose.
Anyway, it seems to indicate that our belongings should be delivered not too far from when we arrive ourselves.
The shuttle is booked to get us from Sydney International early on Sunday morning and I'm hoping we'll be home by about 10am. The forecast is sunny with a possible shower and a max of 18C - that's very different from the horribly humid day we're having in Dubai. The worst humidity of the summer I reckon.
These articles might interest you :
Arriving at Milford Sound, we spent a good couple hours debating how exactly to take in what is often described as New Zealand’s quintessential experience. Read moreThe 21 October 2011 by Leonoras
DESTINATIONS, TRAVEL, VACATION
After the celebration of the beginning of spring the good weather has arrived. finally! And here at Expanish, we want you to enjoy it to the maximum. So here ar... Read moreThe 07 October 2011 by Expanishargentina
DESTINATIONS, LANGUAGES, TRAVEL
After leaving Chefchaouen, we bussed north to Tangier and had soup in café Hafa, which apparently is where the Beatles used to go. Read moreThe 02 October 2011 by Antipodeanblog
The 06 July 2011 by Frontiergap
CHARITY, ENVIRONMENT, TRAVEL, VACATION
I remember in 1981 I was in sixth grade, and all the sixth graders gathered together in the school library to watch the launch of Columbia. The names John... Read moreThe 08 July 2011 by Steveliu
SCIENCE, SELF EXPRESSION, SOCIETY
NASA is expected to launch its $2.5 billion Mars rover Curiosity on Saturday, but with budget constraints curtailing the space program, will it be the last of... Read moreThe 25 November 2011 by Periscope
CURRENT, SCIENCE, SOCIETY
French President Nicolas Sarkozy and German Chancellor Angela Merkel. Photo credit: Sebastian Zwez As the eurozone debt crisis deepens, French President... Read moreThe 07 December 2011 by Periscope
MOST POPULAR FROM SOCIETY
- World Chambers Congress focuses on SMEs and Job Creation by Center For International Private Enterprise
- landslides kill scores of people in Darjeeling by Sampathkumar Sampath
- 4th of July Reception at the U.S. Ambassador Residence (video) by Gldmeier
- Pepper, the personal robot .... artificial intelligence !! by Sampathkumar Sampath
MOST RECOMMENDED IN SOCIETY
- “Hot Girls Wanted”: White Respectability and the Erasure of Men by Juliez
- Event To Happen On June 30th - July 4th That Has Not Happened In Over 2,000 Years! Will We See The "Star Of Bethlehem?" by Susanduclos
- Where Did The Oracles Go? by Rockwaterman
- The First Domino Falls - 'Nothing Will Be Spared, Except Perhaps Gold' - Roberts: 'The West Is Collapsing' by Susanduclos
ON THE SOCIETY FORUM
- Do You Hustle Or Splash The ... Reviewed by Doreen Eade