Last LapBy Seabee
Everything's done, except packing the bags and we always leave that to the last minute.
The online tracking system shows that the ship with our container of belongings arrived in Sydney on schedule last week. It does say that customs clearance was completed today but as I expect a bill from customs I don't believe that.
It also says Quarantine Date was August 5, but I'm not sure what that actually means. The Quarantine Service in Australia is very tough and I fully expect them to demand that at least some of the furniture is fumigated but I've heard nothing about that so far. Usually they send a Quarantine Notice saying why fumigation (or destruction) is required and the cost of doing whichever one you choose.
Anyway, it seems to indicate that our belongings should be delivered not too far from when we arrive ourselves.
The shuttle is booked to get us from Sydney International early on Sunday morning and I'm hoping we'll be home by about 10am. The forecast is sunny with a possible shower and a max of 18C - that's very different from the horribly humid day we're having in Dubai. The worst humidity of the summer I reckon.
These articles might interest you :
I was going to live blog today's Rapture, but the 8-year-old had a swimming lesson at 10:00 a.m., and having gotten off to a slow start I decided to bag it.... Read moreBy Erictheblue
Leaving your honeymoon plans until the last minute doesn’t have to mean that all of your options are going to... Read moreBy Thehoneymoonproject
DESTINATIONS, LIFESTYLE, TRAVEL, VACATION, WEDDING
Last May 14-15, we spent the night at Laiya Beach in San Juan, Batangas. Our relatives, who own Llamar Beach Resort, invited us to stay at their beach house.... Read moreBy Thelostboylloyd
DESTINATIONS, TRAVEL, VACATION
How did I spend my last day in London? The sex exhibition at the Natural History Museum in South Kensington and Mexican food from Wahaca at Canary Wharf. Oh... Read moreBy Adventuresinamyland
DIARIES, EXPAT, SELF EXPRESSION, TRAVEL
CHARITY, ENVIRONMENT, TRAVEL, VACATION
I remember in 1981 I was in sixth grade, and all the sixth graders gathered together in the school library to watch the launch of Columbia. The names John... Read moreBy Steveliu
SCIENCE, SELF EXPRESSION, SOCIETY
The success of the incentives is being gauged on revenue projections. Last night staff projected increased revenues of $4 million over the next five years from... Read moreBy Kelly058
DEBATE, SELF EXPRESSION, SOCIETY
MOST POPULAR FROM SOCIETY
- Democracy that Delivers Podcast #30: Syrian Economic Forum on the Role of the Private Sector in Syria’s Reconstruction by Center For International Private Enterprise
- Duleep Trophy turns pink !! by Sampathkumar Sampath
- 46% Of Blacks Were Treated Unfairly In Last 30 Days by Jobsanger
- Chilton County Judge Sibley Reynolds ordered Jemison man sent to jail for posting critical remarks on social media about the handling of his divorce case by Rogershuler
MOST RECOMMENDED IN SOCIETY
- 12 found guilty in Pipite premature pardons conspiracy case by Dailydigester
- City of Hartford (CT) FIREFIGHTER by Firecareers
- Liberalism and hate-based extremism by Dlittle30
- A load of bull: failed VNPF investments to be probed by official inquiry by Dailydigester