Last LapBy Seabee
Everything's done, except packing the bags and we always leave that to the last minute.
The online tracking system shows that the ship with our container of belongings arrived in Sydney on schedule last week. It does say that customs clearance was completed today but as I expect a bill from customs I don't believe that.
It also says Quarantine Date was August 5, but I'm not sure what that actually means. The Quarantine Service in Australia is very tough and I fully expect them to demand that at least some of the furniture is fumigated but I've heard nothing about that so far. Usually they send a Quarantine Notice saying why fumigation (or destruction) is required and the cost of doing whichever one you choose.
Anyway, it seems to indicate that our belongings should be delivered not too far from when we arrive ourselves.
The shuttle is booked to get us from Sydney International early on Sunday morning and I'm hoping we'll be home by about 10am. The forecast is sunny with a possible shower and a max of 18C - that's very different from the horribly humid day we're having in Dubai. The worst humidity of the summer I reckon.
These articles might interest you :
I was going to live blog today's Rapture, but the 8-year-old had a swimming lesson at 10:00 a.m., and having gotten off to a slow start I decided to bag it.... Read moreBy Erictheblue
Leaving your honeymoon plans until the last minute doesn’t have to mean that all of your options are going to... Read moreBy Thehoneymoonproject
DESTINATIONS, LIFESTYLE, TRAVEL, VACATION, WEDDING
Last May 14-15, we spent the night at Laiya Beach in San Juan, Batangas. Our relatives, who own Llamar Beach Resort, invited us to stay at their beach house.... Read moreBy Thelostboylloyd
DESTINATIONS, TRAVEL, VACATION
How did I spend my last day in London? The sex exhibition at the Natural History Museum in South Kensington and Mexican food from Wahaca at Canary Wharf. Oh... Read moreBy Adventuresinamyland
DIARIES, EXPAT, SELF EXPRESSION, TRAVEL
CHARITY, ENVIRONMENT, TRAVEL, VACATION
I remember in 1981 I was in sixth grade, and all the sixth graders gathered together in the school library to watch the launch of Columbia. The names John... Read moreBy Steveliu
SCIENCE, SELF EXPRESSION, SOCIETY
The success of the incentives is being gauged on revenue projections. Last night staff projected increased revenues of $4 million over the next five years from... Read moreBy Kelly058
DEBATE, SELF EXPRESSION, SOCIETY
MOST POPULAR FROM SOCIETY
- State Department: ‘potential imminent threat’ against Americans in Saudi Arabia by Eowyn
- Test at Antigua ~ Ajay Ratra's maiden century and Anil Kumble bowling with broken jaws by Sampathkumar Sampath
- Laura Ingraham speaks at the RNC by Adask
- Did Ted Cruz Commit Political Suicide On Wednesday ? by Jobsanger
MOST RECOMMENDED IN SOCIETY
- Vanuatu to receive new state-of-the-art patrol boat from Australia by Dailydigester
- Rove-Romney-Kasich plot against Trump in Cleveland? by Eowyn
- Deputy PM Natuman claims MSG has been bought for “30 pieces of silver” by Dailydigester
- Vanuatu’s economy can expect modest growth for next two years, says Asian Development Bank by Dailydigester