Chicks Dig Harry Potter, Jose Reyes, and Fabulous Penguins.By Jhop
Seriously Vancouver, what the fuck? After your team played lackluster throughout the Finals, you make yourselves look like even bigger assholes? This is not the way to steal the spotlight, even when Boston is involved. That is all I have to say on the matter, you disgraceful sore losers from America’s Hat. (I just wanted to use that image again).
Majority control of the Mets is now on the value menu at Burger King? If only Fred Wilpon hadn’t said all of those mean things about Jose Reyes (who is giving him a major fuck-you right now) and David Wright, maybe I would feel badly for him. Because there is no doubt whatsoever that he is in serious financial trouble. Can we pool $200 million and, I don't know, an additional $2.00? I will then rename the Mets as Joe Girardi's Braces and move them to City Hall Park, which may be a bit tight, but at least Jason Bay and David Wright will hit homers and all 121 fans that attend games can pack the stands.
Readjusting Realignment Thoughts. Perhaps you caught my post yesterday about MLB realignment. Perhaps you didn’t and should read it immediately. Nevertheless, my good buddy with the best nickname ever, The Fabulous Penguin, wrote a really great post, somewhat in response, over at The Borg Baseball Blog. In an open letter to Bud Selig, he proposes his own strategy for realignment based on the premise of what “we, the fans want.” I like his plan a lot. Please check it out and feel free to criticize both of us in the comments. Briefly, this is my response to his response:
1. I love the overarching goal of aiming to please fans. Because, really? We pay all of their salaries. So they better make us happy if they plan on charging $8.50 for a hot dog at Yankee Stadium.
2. I really like the way his system allots playoff spots. I would support realignment, like T Fab P suggests, if and ONLY if division rivalries remained and mattered. Meaning, I need division winners and then separate wild-card teams. In proposing this, he asks "explain how a team in first place in a division does not make a playoff while 4 teams from another did?” He is right. It is ridiculous to eliminate divisions. I also agree with the fact that some teams would be so far out of contention before the All-Star break that the no-division idea seems extremely counter-intuitive.
3. He is probably right about interleague play. "So what?" I don’t really care if we play random-ass teams from the other league. It doesn’t change anything for me, just another team for the Bombers to beat.
4. But the schedules must be more balanced. That is probably the only thing I really disagree with in his entire plan. It is unfair to teams like the Rays. They still have to play the Red Sox and Yankees 29 more times this season. TWENTY-NINE! It puts them at such a disadvantage compared to, say, the Cardinals or the Rangers. Tampa plays both Boston and the Yankees right before the All-Star break and right afterwards. That is not a “break” so much as a brief awakening from a nightmare. Balance the schedules and sign me up, Commissioner Penguin.
Okay, it’s that time folks. M-I-C- see ya real soon! – K-E-Y….why? Because I… Nevermind, you guys get the point. CDTF will be back on Monday, Muggles. Until then, have a great weekend and go Yanks!
These articles might interest you :
DESTINATIONS, TRAVEL, VACATION
As the ultimate showdown between good and evil rapidly draws near, romance is in the air at Hogwarts as the students engage in concocting love potions?! Read moreBy Kaiser31083
The fifth film in the J.K. Rowling series picks up with Harry being put on trial for using magic in front of a civilian. After his acquittal, the head of the... Read moreBy Kaiser31083
As I slowly but surely make my way through the Harry Potter films, I now arrive at the Goblet of Fire, the fourth installment in the series, and if one thing ca... Read moreBy Kaiser31083
At some point during the evening I remember my man Ludin, and how he was blabbering this morning about penguins and how mean it was that he wasn’t allowed to... Read moreBy Arieu
Beautiful as Antarctica is, we’re here to work and wouldn’t you know, just when Draga and I were inside conducting our business, our ship passed a small group o... Read moreBy Arieu
Playbill.com describes it as “a good crash-and-burn story of an audition gone horribly wrong,” but with a happy conclusion. Broadway hopeful Jose Llana,... Read moreBy Gibbs22manila
CULTURE, THEATRE & OPERA
MOST POPULAR FROM SPORTS
- West Virginia : #WVU is in the Sweet 16! But can they upset Zaga? by Kipper
- “I won a few things with them and had a little bit of success,” by Colin Randall
- A Photographic Journey Packrafting the Waiau by Awanderingphoto
- Chelsea, Tottenham, Arsenal, Manchester City. Guess the final two, help Bradley Lowery by Colin Randall