have you felt the sun the last few days?
I mean, its great if you like sweating while standing in one place, or feeling your moles burn, and my personal favorite, feeling your eyes sweat.
It was so hot one day I threatened to sue Clueless Dad for the intense heat I felt from the leather seats in his car. So, if you're like me and prefer the cool and steady draft of the all powerful A/C, here's a few things you can do to escape the worst the summer has to offer:
1. Build a fort. Why not? Forts are cool and special. What's better than being stuck in the house and then closing yourself up in an even smaller space. Makes great sense to me.
2. Have a good cry. Yes. I said it and it's okay if you need to. I get it. You're bored and it's just plain bothersome. Oh, not boredom. You got left out of the fort. Now, that is a reason to cry.
3. Take up nest building. You'll never be as good as the birds but it keeps you occupied and takes your mind off of the fort.
3. Practice your runway strut. Let's face it, your family thinks you're cute, but the world is tough and you've got to get your game tight in order to make it big.
4. Phew! You've got to be working up quite an appetite. Settle down and invite a friend over for lunch.
5. Okay. Back to work. We all know looks fade, so you have to develop a skill. Taking up a musical instrument is always a great go to and it looks awesome on those college applications.
6. C.R.E.A.M. - For my non WuTang fans - Cash Rules Everything Around Me. Gotta make that paper. Look, I believe in paying my own way and I intend to instill the same values in my boys. So, in his spare time he has a part time job as a valet.
7. Read a good book. Reading is fundamental. Need I say more?
8. Take up decorating. So I'll admit I'm not the best homemaker. I can't be. It's just impossible while these boys have no respect for personal property. I try with what I've got, however, it seems he doesn't approve of my furniture placement.
I know my kid isn't the only entertainment going these days. I want to hear from you. What do your kids do when they're bored or stuck in the house?
For more Wordful/Wordless Wednesday check out Parenting By Dummies and 7Clown Circus
These articles might interest you :
Digital technology has made parenting increasingly more difficult. Once upon a time you knew when your kids got a phone call because you heard the phone ring ma... Read moreBy Slattenk
You don't always get a county fair in Brooklyn. That may be why it wasn't packed on a Saturday afternoon. No lines to enter. No lines for rides or for goodies.... Read moreBy Parentingsmh
Who says summer fun has to be expensive? Here are five things to do this summer that won't break the bank are sure to remain with your kids forever..1.... Read moreBy Kinderpendent
These used to be may favorite candies. Now? Not so much.Not since I discovered, like my post baby bump, and stretch marks, they're really. That's right!They're... Read moreBy Parentingsmh
Do you liked to be bossed around? Probably not! How does the thought of being managed by someone else make you feel? Irritated? Angry? Rebellious? If you’re lik... Read moreBy Slattenk
I consider myself a pretty good decorator. I have a good sense of style and an eye for detail. I mean, I watch HGTV. I can design a room. When we bought our... Read moreBy Parentingsmh
Being a mommy to boys is challenging. Communication is a bit of a problem.Because men are from Mars and women are from Venus. Not to mention too smart, sometime... Read moreBy Parentingsmh
MOST POPULAR FROM PARENTING
- Lift Chairs For Elderly by Bigdaddycarlos
- Lounge Chair Modern by Bigdaddycarlos
- 5 Tips To Start Your Child Reading by Thismomloves
- Cheap Outdoor Lounge Chairs by Bigdaddycarlos