have you felt the sun the last few days?
I mean, its great if you like sweating while standing in one place, or feeling your moles burn, and my personal favorite, feeling your eyes sweat.
It was so hot one day I threatened to sue Clueless Dad for the intense heat I felt from the leather seats in his car. So, if you're like me and prefer the cool and steady draft of the all powerful A/C, here's a few things you can do to escape the worst the summer has to offer:
1. Build a fort. Why not? Forts are cool and special. What's better than being stuck in the house and then closing yourself up in an even smaller space. Makes great sense to me.
2. Have a good cry. Yes. I said it and it's okay if you need to. I get it. You're bored and it's just plain bothersome. Oh, not boredom. You got left out of the fort. Now, that is a reason to cry.
3. Take up nest building. You'll never be as good as the birds but it keeps you occupied and takes your mind off of the fort.
3. Practice your runway strut. Let's face it, your family thinks you're cute, but the world is tough and you've got to get your game tight in order to make it big.
4. Phew! You've got to be working up quite an appetite. Settle down and invite a friend over for lunch.
5. Okay. Back to work. We all know looks fade, so you have to develop a skill. Taking up a musical instrument is always a great go to and it looks awesome on those college applications.
6. C.R.E.A.M. - For my non WuTang fans - Cash Rules Everything Around Me. Gotta make that paper. Look, I believe in paying my own way and I intend to instill the same values in my boys. So, in his spare time he has a part time job as a valet.
7. Read a good book. Reading is fundamental. Need I say more?
8. Take up decorating. So I'll admit I'm not the best homemaker. I can't be. It's just impossible while these boys have no respect for personal property. I try with what I've got, however, it seems he doesn't approve of my furniture placement.
I know my kid isn't the only entertainment going these days. I want to hear from you. What do your kids do when they're bored or stuck in the house?
For more Wordful/Wordless Wednesday check out Parenting By Dummies and 7Clown Circus
These articles might interest you :
People keep saying to me, “Oh your little girl must be loving the normality of being back home in Australia.” I smile, nodding meekly, not wanting to seem... Read moreThe 26 April 2017 by Mint Mocha Musings
EXPAT, SELF EXPRESSION, TRAVEL
Another Month has come and gone! We are travelling through 2017 far too quickly! As much as I would love time to stand still for a moment – it can’t, and it... Read moreThe 26 April 2017 by Mischieviousmum
US soda sales are at the lowest since 1985. And they're not likely to pick up soon, as reports about the potentially brain-damaging properties of sugary drinks... Read moreThe 26 April 2017 by Dietdoctor
DIET & WEIGHT, HEALTH, HEALTHY LIVING, MEDICINE
Number 41 of my semi-regular instalment of biodiversity cartoons, and the first for 2017. See full stock of previous ‘Cartoon guide to biodiversity loss’... Read moreThe 26 April 2017 by Bradshaw
Seriously what is going on with the weather? I woke up yesterday morning looked out the window and was greeted by beautiful blue skies, brilliant I though to... Read moreThe 26 April 2017 by Ashley Crombet-Beolens
Sitting or standing, underhand or overhand, front-toss is tough to beat.There are several ways to practice hitting. Live BP and hitting off a tee are popular... Read moreThe 26 April 2017 by Meachrm
Judge R. David Proctor (center), with family members whohave benefited from ties to corrupt Trump AG Jeff Sessions(From facebook.com)How many ways can a... Read moreThe 26 April 2017 by Rogershuler
MOST POPULAR FROM PARENTING
- Tufted Chaise Lounge Chair by Bigdaddycarlos
- Staircase Chair Lift by Bigdaddycarlos
- Living Room Lounge Chair by Bigdaddycarlos
- Aluminum Lounge Chair by Bigdaddycarlos
MOST RECOMMENDED IN PARENTING
- Sythroid + Sleep + Not Pregnant = Awesome by Sherwoods
- Personal Photo Gifts From Posterjack: Win a $100 Voucher by Thismomloves
- 10 Benefits of Storytelling for Kids That Will Make You Read One to Them Now by Sangeetha
- A Tale Of Two Siblings by Joanigeltman