A group formed on facebook to petition Mattel to create this new Barbie for girls suffering hair loss from cancer treatments. Now the dolls are shipping to stores in June of 2012. The idea of these dolls I find particularly moving and just super cool.
Add for those who say, "Just shave the hair off a Barbie"
G.I. Joe has a similar campaign
- Mattel To Make Cancer Patient Barbie (lezgetreal.com)
- Bald Barbie to comfort kids with cancer (rt.com)
- Barbie's Friend Will Soon Be Bald and Beautiful [Bald Barbie] (jezebel.com)
- Bald Barbie to Debut after Viral Campaign (VIDEO) (blippitt.com)
- Should Mattel Make A Bald Barbie? (gothamist.com)