We moved to Windsor Green one month ago, and we already love it here!
This is our Top Ten list:
- Our new friends and neighbors: everyone has been friendly and inviting; neighbors have stopped by to say hello and welcome us to the ‘hood; some brought flowers and food!
- The lovely park-like setting: it’s a joy to sit on our front deck to enjoy the breeze, the birds, and lovely grounds with mature trees; our granddaughter has already met and played with new friends, and we can sit on the deck and watch them play.
- The walking trails: over two miles of trails, right here in Windsor Green; many people walk The Green every day.
- The swimming pools (2!): a great place to meet neighbors and a place for grandchildren when they visit; one of the elder residents who is close to 90 swims laps every morning! Swimming lessons for children and grandchildren) have been held at the pool for over 20 years!
- Accessibility, events and classes at Silverwood Park: a part of the Three Rivers park system, Silverwood is a hidden gem, right off Silver Lake Road.
- Close to shopping and freeways: quick access to 694, 35W & Hwy 36
- Close to Minneapolis and St Paul; about 15 minutes to either downtown
- Women’s group: Women Who Cook and Women Who Walk: I joined this group the second week we lived here and instantly met 19 new friends!
- Men’s group: Men Who Dine Out (on the nights their women are cooking!): John
met new friends that same night
- The diversity: families of all ages live here, making this a place that is both peaceful yet energetic; there’s always something happening, and the association keeps us well-informed and connected.
Beata & John Rydeen
Sharlene Hensrud, RE/MAX Results - Email - Windsor Green Realtor