Yesterday, the Internet Society began the transition from IPv4 to IPv6. Currently we are using IPv4, the system that assigns a series of four numbers to each device. IPv4 only allows for about 4 billion addresses and the Internet needs more room than that. IPv6 is the new version of the Internet Protocol and expands the number of available addresses to a virtually limitless amount - 340 trillion trillion trillion addresses.
You don't need to prepare anything for IPv6; your applications and devices will work just as they did before. The complete transition to IPv4 to IPv6 will take time as every website and Internet Service Provider must make the switch. In the meantime, both systems will work together until IPv4 is no longer needed.
To find out whether you are already using IPv6, visit ipv6test.google.com to find out. Many devices you use already support IPv6; however, the websites you visit and your Internet Service Provider must first enable IPv6 before you can use it.
These articles might interest you :
It really is amazing what a few little tweaks to your accessories can do for the overall appearance of an outfit. Granted I am wearing hot pink pants, and yes, ... Read moreThe 06 August 2012 by Momfashionlifestyle
It has been FOREVER since my last post... Sorry about that! This week has been so busy for me! I hope 2012 is bringing you lots of productivity as well! Read moreThe 22 January 2012 by Kels_chaz22
Seif El-Khawanky was a youth leader in Tahrir Square during the revolution.Nearly 14 months after the resignation of Hosni Mubarak, Egypt has reached a point... Read moreThe 19 April 2012 by Center For International Private Enterprise
BUSINESS, CURRENT, POLITICS, SOCIETY
Dresses are pretty easy to keep wearing right in to the cool weather since they transition pretty well when you add layers. I do miss Summer, but I love layers... Read moreThe 16 September 2012 by Thelawsoffashion
Jesse Langley specializes in writing about education, professional and personal development, and career building and writes on behalf of Colorado Technical... Read moreThe 08 February 2012 by Classycareergirl
A daily dose of what's new in Husker Nation from Monday through Friday: - 2011 Husker running backs in review - Listing off the keys to a 2012 Cornhusker... Read moreThe 11 January 2012 by Huskerlocker
Filmmaker Zina Saro-Wiwa presents an Op-Doc on black women’s decision to embrace their naturally kinky hair, rather than use chemical straighteners: "There ar... Read moreThe 04 June 2012 by Rockitnapptural
HAIR & BEAUTY, LIFESTYLE
MOST POPULAR FROM TECH
- BlueCoat Study: Top 10 Shady Sites in New gTLD’s Is Flawed as Unlaunched .Zip is #1 by Worldwide
- Learn All About Star Wars Lightsabers With This Cool Infographic by Nrjperera
- Drool Over the New Xbox One Elite Bundle and Lunar White Controller by Nrjperera
- FireHost Rebrands As Armor After Purchasing The Domain Name Armor.com by Worldwide
MOST RECOMMENDED IN TECH
- Adjusting one’s mentality is the toughest challenge by Themarioblog
- Slow journalism for lingering minds who want more of the why of the story by Themarioblog
- Renewed energy as September makes an entrance by Themarioblog
- Over 100 Kanye West President Domains Registered Today In Many Extensions Even .XYZ by Worldwide