The Nubian ibex (Capra ibex nubiana) is a rocky desert dwelling goat antelope found in mountainous areas of Israel, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Egypt, Yemen, and Sudan. It is generally considered to be a subspecies of Alpine ibex, but is sometimes considered specifically distinct (Capra nubiana). The wild population is estimated at 1,200 individuals.
It lives in herds composed solely of males or females. Diurnal.
Habitat: They eat mainly grasses and leaves and are preyed upon by leopards, eagles and bearded vultures.
These articles might interest you :
GR.–Population growth, land use, and resource harvests are destroying the Earth’s natural systems. The study described below reviewed thousands of research... Read moreBy Garry Rogers
ANIMALS & WILDLIFE, BOOKS, ENVIRONMENT
I’ve just read an interesting new study that was sent to me by the lead author, Giovanni Strona. Published the other day in Nature Communications, Strona ... Read moreBy Bradshaw
The Chicago Yachting Association presents Venetian Night 2016 at Navy Pier Venetian Night in Chicago is the oldest event sponsored by the city. Read moreBy Chicago Genie
Podcast: Play in new window | Download In last week's episode, we talked about the importance of a relaxed service motion and how that can help you get a better... Read moreBy Kselz
When our National Festivals arrive, there’s a surge of patriotic songs on TV and Radio. Songs that extol the bravery of our martyrs and the greatness of our... Read moreBy Jyoti Arora
Here we are again, talking about Tennyson and illustration as an excuse for my collection of illustrated Tennysons. Anyway, enough about my problems, this week ... Read moreBy Kirsty Stonell Walker
I have several go-to Bible sites on my laptop. One is BibleHub, which contains the entire Bible, a lexicon, commentaries, maps, Strong's, parallel views of... Read moreBy Elizabethprata
MOST POPULAR FROM ANIMALS & WILDLIFE
- Bushmeat Demand Overwhelming “Supply” of 301 Mammal Species by Garry Rogers
- Live Q&A: How can the environment and development sectors work together to achieve the SDGs? by Garry Rogers
- Top 5 Birds of Prey by Frontiergap
- Lesson 1457 Border to Border New Hampshire Walk – Day 7 cont (A BEAR!!) by Wendythomas
MOST RECOMMENDED IN ANIMALS & WILDLIFE
- Lesson 1453 Border to Border New Hampshire Walk – Day 6 (Polar Fleece and Bathrooms) by Wendythomas
- QUIZ: What Is Your African Spirit Animal? by Frontiergap
- Lesson 1456 Border to Border New Hampshire Walk – Day 7 (Up, Down, Up, Up, Up) by Wendythomas
- Whale Conservation - The Good, the Bad and the Minke: Environment News 16th-21st Oct by Frontiergap