The High Line/Part TwoBy Elizabethwix
The newly opened part of the High line -- between 20th and 30th Streets -- was amazingly busy last Saturday afternoon when the weather was sultry.
More of the urban/country/green experience.....
with the cars whizzing beneath us.
Piet Oudolf's grass designs will take a little time to settle in
meanwhile you can sit and ponder the wonders of 25th Street (if you really want to!)
At 30th Street is Rainbow City -- a big hit, I think, with the younger set
who can pummel the balloons and spin them to their hearts' content.
The slightly older may prefer the 'beer garden'.
These articles might interest you :
Well, the sun does sometimes shine And the High Line (in its third year) has become a stunningly popular place to relax at lunchtime. It isn't exactly a beach... Read moreBy Elizabethwix
The good thing about having visitors from England is that they are quite happy to go for walks in the rain. This is a great blessing since the High Line has... Read moreBy Elizabethwix
We ascend in the great glass elevator ( a crack in the glass already) to walk between the buildings with a large number of other people even though we have set... Read moreBy Elizabethwix
In a recent post, we compared the Lana Turner discovery and the modern version of “being discovered” as told by Jenna Fischer (Pam, of NBC’s The Office.) “A... Read moreBy Candacemoody
It’s election time here in Jacksonville; our local mayoral and city council races are in full swing. It strikes me that your job search is a little like a... Read moreBy Candacemoody
BUSINESS, CAREER, POLITICS, SOCIETY
On Sunday we spent the day with Brett’s sweet grandparents and finished part two of number fifteen on our pre-baby bucket list. Read moreBy Agadd
Sometimes in the last stages of a painting, when it is almost fully realized, I add certain elements to make the painting complete. Read moreBy Claytonspost
ART & DESIGN, CULTURE
MOST POPULAR FROM DESTINATIONS
- A Fishy Story in #Hampstead From @roquesrichard by Lwblog
- #London Nightly #Photoblog 18:02:17 #HenryMoore In #Kensington Gardens by Lwblog
- #London Nightly #Photoblog 19:02:17: Bert & Jack in #SouthKensington by Lwblog
- Teotihuacan – where the gods were created by Davedtc
MOST RECOMMENDED IN DESTINATIONS
- Bravo Is Banking On D'Andra Simmons and Kameron Westcott To Save RHOD by Ohsocynthia
- I Never Thought I’d Say This: I’m Afraid to Travel by Kenin Bassart
- Mountain Biking the St James Trail: NZ Honeymoon by Awanderingphoto
- This weekend: 17th, 18th & 19th February by Nessascityblog