The Banana Slug - Nature's Giant RecyclerBy Gerard
Perhaps it is the mucus, perhaps the snake-like appearance or the habit of many species of slug to regard your garden and the carefully cultivated plants within as dinner - but the slug generally has a pretty bad press. A lot of people don’t like slugs. The sight of them in a garden has been known to turn even the most mild mannered in to mad mollusk murderers.
Yet the giant Banana Slug has more than just its size and resemblance to a certain yellow fruit as a claim to fame. This is one of the unsung champions of the forest, for the banana slug only eats dead organic material which they then turn in to soil.
You Might Also Like :
These articles might interest you :
MOST POPULAR FROM ANIMALS & WILDLIFE
- Sex? It all started 385 million years ago (w/ Video) by Garry Rogers
- Roads Benefit People But Can Have Massive Environmental Costs by Garry Rogers
- Development could lead to extinction of rare Australian bird by Garry Rogers
- Vegan because plants don’t have feelings? You’re going to need a new reason. by Garry Rogers
John Galliano Barack Obama Lance Armstrong Michelle Rodriguez Rupert Murdoch News Corp Father's Day Christmas Egypt Russia China Academy Awards The Box Office Harry Potter Samsung X-Factor Mitt Romney Apps Lady Gaga True Blood Thanksgiving Halloween Rick Perry Apple Turkey Economy Mardi Gras Mali Climate Change European Union
COMMUNITY ANIMALS & WILDLIFE
ON THE ANIMALS & WILDLIFE FORUM
- The 8 Worst Foods You Can ... Reviewed by Isabelle