The Banana Slug - Nature's Giant RecyclerBy Gerard
Perhaps it is the mucus, perhaps the snake-like appearance or the habit of many species of slug to regard your garden and the carefully cultivated plants within as dinner - but the slug generally has a pretty bad press. A lot of people don’t like slugs. The sight of them in a garden has been known to turn even the most mild mannered in to mad mollusk murderers.
Yet the giant Banana Slug has more than just its size and resemblance to a certain yellow fruit as a claim to fame. This is one of the unsung champions of the forest, for the banana slug only eats dead organic material which they then turn in to soil.
You Might Also Like :
These articles might interest you :
MOST POPULAR FROM ANIMALS & WILDLIFE
- Lesson 1102 – Quotable Chicks by Wendythomas
- Animals Rights is the Greatest Social Justice Issue Since the Abolition of Slavery by Garry Rogers
- World Ocean Temps Spike to +1.26 Positive Anomaly as Antarctic Polar Amplification Ramps Up by Garry Rogers
- What can you do to Pest-proof and home-seal your home? by Probestpest
The Box Office Economy Lady Gaga Barack Obama World Cup 2014 Mitt Romney Climate Change Harry Potter Apple North Korea Mardi Gras China Samsung Christmas Thanksgiving Michelle Rodriguez Halloween True Blood Mali Lance Armstrong X-Factor Turkey Egypt Apps Rupert Murdoch Russia Rick Perry Kony Father's Day European Union
COMMUNITY ANIMALS & WILDLIFE
ON THE ANIMALS & WILDLIFE FORUM
- The 8 Worst Foods You Can ... Reviewed by Isabelle