The Banana Slug - Nature's Giant RecyclerBy Gerard
Perhaps it is the mucus, perhaps the snake-like appearance or the habit of many species of slug to regard your garden and the carefully cultivated plants within as dinner - but the slug generally has a pretty bad press. A lot of people don’t like slugs. The sight of them in a garden has been known to turn even the most mild mannered in to mad mollusk murderers.
Yet the giant Banana Slug has more than just its size and resemblance to a certain yellow fruit as a claim to fame. This is one of the unsung champions of the forest, for the banana slug only eats dead organic material which they then turn in to soil.
You Might Also Like :
These articles might interest you :
MOST POPULAR FROM ANIMALS & WILDLIFE
- Melitaea athalia, Mélitée du mélampyre by Dodema
- Anti-environment Coal Industry Blocked by Oregon Regulations by Garry Rogers
- The Will to Change by Garry Rogers
- Why coal is (still) worse than fracking and cow burps by Garry Rogers
Rupert Murdoch Thanksgiving Kony Rick Perry The Box Office Climate Change Mitt Romney Lance Armstrong Halloween True Blood Samsung Christmas Barack Obama Russia Egypt China European Union Lady Gaga Mardi Gras Economy Turkey Apple North Korea World Cup 2014 X-Factor Harry Potter Mali Father's Day Michelle Rodriguez Apps
COMMUNITY ANIMALS & WILDLIFE
ON THE ANIMALS & WILDLIFE FORUM
- The 8 Worst Foods You Can ... Reviewed by Isabelle