1. For a kindergarten class, I took clean cardboard boxes (like cereal or pasta) opened them up to lie flat, and cut them on the fold to a 3.5" wide x 5" tall rectangle using a paper cutter. Cut on an edge that already folds flat so that the “book” opens to a 7" x 5" size.
2. Take any old leftover paper blank paper, fold it and cut to the same dimension as the cardboard.
3. Place the blank paper inside the cardboard and staple at least twice on the outside of the spine so that the sharp points of the staples are hidden on the inside.
4. NOW, you can give these to kids and have them do any number of activities, including making "nonsense" collage drawings as shown. Older student such as 3rd to 5th could staple the books together. And if you are able to get one of those extended staplers, you can make books that are much larger.
These articles might interest you :
I receive tons of great (and some not-so-great) children's books to review, and I usually focus on titles that best suit my daughters' ages and interests. Read moreBy Thismomloves
My nine year old niece "Anastasia" (her self-chosen pseudonym) has both the honour and the responsibility of reading and reviewing books that come my way which... Read moreBy Thismomloves
Just so you know, I rarely accept adult fiction for review. I love being exposed to new non-fiction (biographies, parenting books) and children's literature, bu... Read moreBy Thismomloves
The girls are really into chapter books these days. There are a couple of series they really like, but the blond twin is no longer allowed to read one of their... Read moreBy Twotimesthefun
FAMILY, SELF EXPRESSION
Story time with a bigger purpose … Help Me Be Good Books, a series of useful tools to help with those bumps along behavior highway. These books present real... Read moreBy Bgme
TAKEAWAY: The front page mini poster packaging various aspects of a story is about to become a daily part of Il Secolo XIX, so here we show you the prototypes... Read moreBy Themarioblog
What if a recycled cardboard device became your latest gadget? Trust British designer Kyle Bean - you might like it better than your current one. (thanks... Read moreBy Gerard
MOST POPULAR FROM FAMILY
- Making Your Family Trips More Fun by Upliftingfam
- Pool Lounge Chair Cushions by Bigdaddycarlos
- Great Reasons to Escape the City and Move to the Countryside by Peppertan
- Plastic Pool Lounge Chairs by Bigdaddycarlos