PETA Holds Auditions for New Musical Play, Graphic Design Contest for Shakespeare SeasonBy Gibbs22manila @gibbscadiz
PETA-Kalinangan Ensemble is holdimg auditions for “William,” a new musical play written by Ron Capinding, to be directed by Maribel Legarda.
Auditions will be held at the PETA Theater Center on June 17, Friday, 3 p.m. (for PETA members only); and on June 18, Saturday, 3pm (for non-PETA members).
Please prepare a song with a rap portion, and memorize a monologue from any of the following Shakespeare plays: “Merchant of Venice,” “Hamlet,” “Romeo and Juliet” and “Macbeth.” Bring a copy of your resume with picture.
PETA is looking for actors who can sing and dance to play the following roles:
Mga Estudyante sa Ikatlong Taon, mga 15-16 anyos:
1. Erwin Castro--matamlay at mahiyain, di-katangi-tangi
2. Estela Carandang--honor student pero medyo manang
3. Richard Austria--bibong mataray, student leader
4. TJ Domingo--makisig, atleta, mahina sa akademiko, siga
5. Sophia Reyes--maganda, bibung-bibo ngunit di-matalino
6. Ms. Lutgarda Martinez--nakasisindak na English teacher, mahigit 40 anyos
7. Ama, mahigit 40 anyos--to do multiple roles
Paiba-iba ang edad: Koro (mga 3)--na magsisilbing mga Kaklase, Mang-aawit, Tagapagsalaysay, Komentarista ng mga Nagaganap sa Dula, at/o iba pa.
Look for Aaron Deniega or Grace Sioson on the audition dates. Or text/call 7256244, 0917-5391112 or e-mail petatheater@gmail.
For its 44th Theater Season, PETA produces modern, educational and entertaining plays and events that reintroduces Shakespeare and his works.
Help us demystify the Bard--make him less fearsome, easier to understand, and lovable for all. Create a modern icon that will capture PETA’s hip, fun, young and modern interpretation of Shakespeare that will appeal to the youth!
1. Contest participants must create a hip, fun, young and modern Shakespeare icon for PETA's 44th Theater Season.
a. Entries can be hand-drawn or digitally made (e.g. Adobe Photoshop).
b. The image must be in .jpg format. File size should not exceed 500kb.
c. Originality is encouraged.
2. Contestants must pass their electronic artwork via e-mail to email@example.com, together with the following information: Entrant’s Full Name, Age, Contact Number.
3. All artworks received during the contest duration will be uploaded on July 16 via PETA’s Facebook Page: Peta Tapets
4. Contest Duration
Contest starts on June 10, 2011.Deadline for submission of entries is on July 15, 2011 at 6 P.M. Deadline of voting (via Facebook likes) is on July 30, 2011 at 6 P.M. Winners will be announced on August 2, 2011.
5. Criteria for judging
30% Popularity measured via Facebook likes
40% Originality and Adherence to PETA’s hip, fun, young and modern theme
The winning artwork will become the official icon of PETA’s Shakespeare Season and will appear in PETA’s posters, flyers, merchandise and other collaterals. The winner will be given P5,000 plus (20) complimentary tickets to PETA’s “William” and “Haring Lear” productions, as well as complimentary playbills for both productions.
Winners will be notified by PETA via phone call and public announcement on PETA’s Facebook Page.
These articles might interest you :
A month ago, I was sent a Wonder Crew doll for review. Wonder Crew is a line of 15″ dolls that come in a variety of skin tones, including Caucasian (Will)... Read more4 hours, 42 minutes ago by Ashley Brooke, Kewpie83
CULTURE, FAMILY, SELF EXPRESSION
Meandering Landscape with River by Piet Mondrian Q: I have two circulation problems. The first is varicose veins. I also have circulation problems in my around... Read more5 hours, 7 minutes ago by Ninazolotow
FITNESS, HEALTH, HEALTHY LIVING
Could eating fat and skipping meals every now and then be the recipe for success? The answer is a clear yes if you ask Julia: The Email On 30 October 2016 I wa... Read more5 hours, 22 minutes ago by Dietdoctor
DIET & WEIGHT, HEALTH, HEALTHY LIVING, MEDICINE
Meal plansGet lots of weekly low-carb meal plans, complete with shopping lists and everything, with our premium meal planner tool (free trial).... Read more5 hours, 29 minutes ago by Dietdoctor
DIET & WEIGHT, HEALTH, HEALTHY LIVING, MEDICINE
The new gTLD .Realty which went into general availability on April 24th has 53,705 registered domain names. On the face, it seems like .Realty is off to a... Read more5 hours, 39 minutes ago by Worldwide
MGMT – GOGOL BORDELLO – MONSTER TRUCK – MOTHER MOTHER – K.FLAY – SLOAN – USS + 46 more acts to perform The post Monster Lineup Announced for 2017 Riverfest... Read more6 hours, 1 minute ago by Hendrik Pape
ENTERTAINMENT, MEDIA, MUSIC
The Sri Chinmoy Ten and Six Day races drew to a close yesterday at 12 noon local time in Flushing Meadow Park in New York. From the first day in the Ten Day Rac... Read more6 hours, 19 minutes ago by Abichal
OTHER SPORTS, OUTDOORS
MOST POPULAR FROM CULTURE
- Metropolitan Opera Preview: Cyrano de Bergerac by Superconductor
- The Persistence Of Longing by Pamelascott
- 3 Days to Kill (2014) by Newguy
- Canalway Cavalcade – 3 day event this Bank Holiday Weekend by Janeslondon
MOST RECOMMENDED IN CULTURE
- Baby’s First Easter by Englishwifeindianlife
- Opera Review: A Volga Display of Power by Superconductor
- Red Letter Day For The Feet by Ashleylister
- 10 DARCY QUESTIONS FOR VICTORIA KINCAID by Mariagrazia