PETA Holds Auditions for New Musical Play, Graphic Design Contest for Shakespeare SeasonBy Gibbs22manila @gibbscadiz
PETA-Kalinangan Ensemble is holdimg auditions for “William,” a new musical play written by Ron Capinding, to be directed by Maribel Legarda.
Auditions will be held at the PETA Theater Center on June 17, Friday, 3 p.m. (for PETA members only); and on June 18, Saturday, 3pm (for non-PETA members).
Please prepare a song with a rap portion, and memorize a monologue from any of the following Shakespeare plays: “Merchant of Venice,” “Hamlet,” “Romeo and Juliet” and “Macbeth.” Bring a copy of your resume with picture.
PETA is looking for actors who can sing and dance to play the following roles:
Mga Estudyante sa Ikatlong Taon, mga 15-16 anyos:
1. Erwin Castro--matamlay at mahiyain, di-katangi-tangi
2. Estela Carandang--honor student pero medyo manang
3. Richard Austria--bibong mataray, student leader
4. TJ Domingo--makisig, atleta, mahina sa akademiko, siga
5. Sophia Reyes--maganda, bibung-bibo ngunit di-matalino
6. Ms. Lutgarda Martinez--nakasisindak na English teacher, mahigit 40 anyos
7. Ama, mahigit 40 anyos--to do multiple roles
Paiba-iba ang edad: Koro (mga 3)--na magsisilbing mga Kaklase, Mang-aawit, Tagapagsalaysay, Komentarista ng mga Nagaganap sa Dula, at/o iba pa.
Look for Aaron Deniega or Grace Sioson on the audition dates. Or text/call 7256244, 0917-5391112 or e-mail petatheater@gmail.
For its 44th Theater Season, PETA produces modern, educational and entertaining plays and events that reintroduces Shakespeare and his works.
Help us demystify the Bard--make him less fearsome, easier to understand, and lovable for all. Create a modern icon that will capture PETA’s hip, fun, young and modern interpretation of Shakespeare that will appeal to the youth!
1. Contest participants must create a hip, fun, young and modern Shakespeare icon for PETA's 44th Theater Season.
a. Entries can be hand-drawn or digitally made (e.g. Adobe Photoshop).
b. The image must be in .jpg format. File size should not exceed 500kb.
c. Originality is encouraged.
2. Contestants must pass their electronic artwork via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, together with the following information: Entrant’s Full Name, Age, Contact Number.
3. All artworks received during the contest duration will be uploaded on July 16 via PETA’s Facebook Page: Peta Tapets
4. Contest Duration
Contest starts on June 10, 2011.Deadline for submission of entries is on July 15, 2011 at 6 P.M. Deadline of voting (via Facebook likes) is on July 30, 2011 at 6 P.M. Winners will be announced on August 2, 2011.
5. Criteria for judging
30% Popularity measured via Facebook likes
40% Originality and Adherence to PETA’s hip, fun, young and modern theme
The winning artwork will become the official icon of PETA’s Shakespeare Season and will appear in PETA’s posters, flyers, merchandise and other collaterals. The winner will be given P5,000 plus (20) complimentary tickets to PETA’s “William” and “Haring Lear” productions, as well as complimentary playbills for both productions.
Winners will be notified by PETA via phone call and public announcement on PETA’s Facebook Page.
These articles might interest you :
After the success of “Care Divas,” PETA ventures into another ambitious feat--its new Shakespeare rap musical, “William,” which runs August 19-September 25 at... Read moreBy Gibbs22manila
CULTURE, SOCIETY, THEATRE & OPERA
Follies Music, Lyrics by Stephen Sondheim Book by James Goldman Directed by Gary Griffin Chicago Shakespeare Theater, Navy Pier (map) thru Nov 13 | tickets:... Read moreBy Chicagotheaterbeat
CULTURE, LIFESTYLE, THEATRE & OPERA
The Royal Shakespeare Company’s (RSC) staging of Marat/Sade has shocked and appalled some theatregoears. Are they making too much of a fuss? Read moreBy Periscope
CULTURE, THEATRE & OPERA
The late Timothy Findley’s cerebral play *Elizabeth Rex* explores the collision of two worlds on an endless night, and Chicago Shakespeare's daring production... Read moreBy Chicagotheaterbeat
CULTURE, THEATRE & OPERA
For anyone who wants some painless lessons in Shakespeare and some good laughs, catch “Shakespeare in Hollywood,” the latest offering of Repertory Philippines. Read moreBy Gibbs22manila
If you are an on-the-go corporate individual or a social butterfly who’s too busy to attend month-long workshops, Philippine Educational Theater Association... Read moreBy Gibbs22manila
image credit South African anthropologist Francis Thackeray, the director of the Institute for Human Evolution at the University of Witwatersrand in... Read moreBy Gerard
MOST POPULAR FROM CULTURE
- WUTHERING HEIGHTS 2018 - INTERVIEW WITH PAUL ERYK ATLAS: BECOMING HEATHCLIFF by Mariagrazia
- Turn Of Events by Ashleylister
- Turn of Events - Changing the Course of a Life by Ashleylister
- BSMT Space exhibition: Lolie Darko 'La Fete Triste' by Invisiblemadevisible