Have you started your Christmas shopping yet? (!) In the run-up to Christmas 2012, The Daily Constitutional will round-up the best of London shopping – unique boutiques, markets, one-man and one-woman bands, as well as the finest big London names.
Our journeys through Spitafields every night with the Jack the Ripper walk lead us into an East End past – a past that many a 21st century East Ender would happily see consigned to history.
At London Walks we always take the opportunity to present modern day Spitafields as one of the capital’s must-see’s, a vibrant living and playing district packed with character. This is particularly true when it comes to shopping.
There may well be 42 shopping days left to Christmas… but there are only two opportunities to catch…
… the Pop Up Vintage Fairs at the wonderful Spitalfields Market. The next one is this weekend (Saturday 17th November) with the Christmas fair taking place on the 15th December. Like Spitalfields itself, the stalls will be unique and original.
Our London Walks guides will be joining in with their recommendations for great shops, but if you have your own favourite London shop, feel free to drop us a line at the usual address.
These articles might interest you :
I love this place; they initially started by serving only double dishes - Cotes de Boeuf, Cotes de veau, Giant fish, etc. - and had the dreaded brunch on Sunday... Read moreThe 05 May 2013 by Johntalbott
DESTINATIONS, DINING OUT, FOOD & DRINK, TRAVEL
This just in from LW’s Fiona, her twopenn’orth on the Great Shoes Debate… For those who like MBT's, try Back In Action, Whitcomb St, beside the National Gallery. Read moreThe 26 September 2012 by Lwblog
Here at The D.C we’ve dedicated the London Autumn to finding great cups of tea and coffee in London on or around the routes of London Walks. But there are... Read moreThe 10 October 2012 by Lwblog
The 07 May 2013 by Lwblog
Our NEW Series… The Great London Movies. It’s The Daily Constitutional Film Festival. And it’s programmed by London Walks Guides and London Walkers. Which... Read moreThe 08 May 2013 by Lwblog
The Tea Rooms in Harrods.To most Australians abroad, London is our second home. I loved London, and I’m sure to be returning next year on the way back from my... Read moreThe 29 July 2013 by Hayleytantau
This programme is for every little girl who has every pulled on a ballet slipper and dreamt of being a prima ballerina or a principal dancer on a brightly lit... Read moreThe 08 October 2012 by Taveren37
MOST POPULAR FROM DESTINATIONS
- Blackberry and apple geranium swirl by Lancashirefood
- Brewfest - Bank Holiday Weekend August 2015 by Janeslondon
- East-West Waterway No.29: Towers by Lwblog
- Cebu Culinary Trail: Anzani New Mediterranean Cuisine by Thelostboylloyd
MOST RECOMMENDED IN DESTINATIONS
- Will Giles Exotic Garden Norwich by Alternativeeden
- Something I Did Eight Years Ago Today That Changed My Life by Jsbdsl
- Morocco’s Best City: Is it Fez or Marrakech? by Suzeeoutofthecity
- 4 Steps To Achieving a Healthy Work/Life Balance by Ohsocynthia
ON THE DESTINATIONS FORUM
- From the Traditional Farming to Luxurious ... Reviewed by Ellie Tranter
- 台北晶華飯店 / Grand Formosa Regent Taipei ... Reviewed by See This
- 長崎，東山手のまちなみ / Minami-Yamate, Nagasaki, foreigner’s offices Reviewed by 生島　１５０点入
- Cuba's Smallest Bird - The Bee ... Reviewed by Cristine Whitmore