1. You can download my practice sheet that has the type and stars in place HERE. Students begin by making a dot for their disappearing point somewhere below the stars. Using a ruler, they connect the dot to the widest points of each star.
2. Students draw a line to connect the inside points to the disappearing point.
3. Students draw lines to any outside points that may show (see diagram). All of the lines are traced with a thin black marker and the art is colored in.
CA Visual Arts Standard: Grade 5
2.1 Use one-point perspective to create the illusion of space.
These articles might interest you :
One of the first things I did after my son was born (seven years ago) was begin planning his education. I was teaching at a traditional public high school... Read moreBy Stevemiranda
DEBATE, FAMILY, SCHOOLING, SOCIETY
This is an exercise in radial drawing, but it makes a nice fireworks image when you fill up the page. It would look great on black paper too. You can use... Read moreBy Kathybarbro
I like using grids to help students set up their drawings, and often that can be done by just folding the paper to make creases. But with heavier card stock,... Read moreBy Kathybarbro
I believe this idea has been passed around before, but I have decided to make an art version of this “Follow the Directions” exercise. Read moreBy Kathybarbro
I’m experimenting with different self-portrait projects that I hope will encourage a loose kind of drawing, as opposed to tight and fussy ones. Read moreBy Kathybarbro
Here’s a variation of yesterday’s post, with a simpler approach to the double lines and softer colors to let the drawing stand out.1. I drew very light grid... Read moreBy Kathybarbro
There are seasonal symbols that work not only for Halloween, but fall and Thanksgiving as well. I’m planning to have students divide their paper into a grid, an... Read moreBy Kathybarbro
MOST POPULAR FROM FAMILY
- 30 Kerala Banana Recipes for Kids by Hemapriya Natesan
- Letting God Strengthen You Today by Richard Crooks
- Today's Free Books (Canada) by Catherine Mcdiarmid-Watt
- Walking the Toy Aisle by Ashley Brooke, Kewpie83
MOST RECOMMENDED IN FAMILY
- Straight Parents vs. Gay Parents: A Relationship Comparison Study by Designerdaddy
- The Six Best Valentines Gifts by Sandwichedboomers
- Guest Post - Turtle Tots Southampton Journey by Maxwell1212
- 4 Valentine’s Day Crafts for Kids to Spread the Love by Sangeetha