on Turkey Chili...By Calicotales
I'm here to feed your eyes yet again and today I have a recipe for Turkey Chili to share. It's a comfort food and something that my hubby craves in the Fall and Winter months so I decided to go with a simple chili but instead of the standard beef we went with turkey. Either way the combination of beans and turkey with some rice on the side always has our tummies full and happy. Next time you're looking for something to warm your belly and make the family happy try this out!
Ingredients: serving size: 61 tablespoon olive oil1 pound ground turkey1 medium green bell pepper, chopped1 small onion, chopped3 garlic cloves, minced 1 can dark red kidney beans, drained & rinsed1 can red kidney beans, drained & rinsed1 can (28 oz) diced tomato, un-drained1 can (6 oz) tomato paste1 can (14 oz) chicken broth 2 tablespoon chili powder1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder1 1/2 teaspoon cumin 1/2 teaspoon paprika 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano salt & pepper to taste *serve with rice and garnish with chopped green onion
1// Heat oil and sauté both onion and green pepper until tender. Add turkey and cook until there is no pink.
2// Add canned tomatoes, beans, chicken broth and all spices to pot. Stir to combine.
3// Bring chili to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes until the chili thickens.
Easy as 1, 2 & 3! We always like to serve some rice with chili in our home. But if you ask me, freshly baked corn bread is my favorite thing to have with my chili. I was kicking myself in the butt for forgetting to get ingredients to make a batch. Oh well, next time. Although I know my butt is thanking me for forgetting because I can never just eat one slice :) Enjoy!
MOST POPULAR FROM FOOD & DRINK
- Battered Pots ..... and Even More Unusual Post by Sue15cat
- Review: Müller Corner Hawaiian Dream Pineapple Yogurt by Grocerygems
- We have some great things growing at the house this year!... by Chelseajmartin
- Essays and Alcoholisms: Working With The Grain – A Girvan Trip by Alcoholandaphorisms
MOST RECOMMENDED IN FOOD & DRINK
- Bunny Tracks Ice Cream Brownie Pie by Rachel Conners
- Chef Profile: Adam Yellin of Local Catch Bar & Grill-Blue Mountain Beach, Florida by 30aeats
- Recall Notice: Intuition Ale Works recalls entire 2015 Underdark release by Marc Wisdom
- My Mother-in-law's Madeira Cake (Nigella Lawson) by Zoebakeforhappykids