Do you know Lucy, aka @singingscholar on Twitter, aka host of the blog Opera Obsession?
Well, you should. She’s a winner in so many ways. Recently, she won my opera headlines microcontest, a warmie-uppie for #operaplot 2011–the only person in all of cyberspace to provide all the right answers.
What were the questions? I thought you’d never ask. But this time they will be followed by Lucy’s answers:
- FATHER’S CURSE TRIGGERS EVENTS ENDING IN KIDS’ DEATHS
(La Forza del Destino)
- EVIL MAGICIAN MAKES WRITER’S THREE ROMANCES DISAPPEAR
(The Tales of Hoffmann)
- BOY WINS GIRL THROUGH TRIAL OF FIRE AND WATER
(The Magic Flute)
- AGING NOBLEWOMAN BLESSES YOUNGER RIVAL’S NUPTIALS
- HERO’S DEATH BRINGS DOOMSDAY
And what does Lucy win for all her erudition? Why, a beautiful Operatoonity mug, that’s what.
Moral of the story: The spoils of victory always go to singing scholars with an opera obsession–at least on this blog they do!