I hope you’ve been enjoying the summer sunshine today – this weeks’ little blog review is a little later than normal because it’s been such a lovely day! So – time for a quick recap on the last week and today I’m sharing some of the best little goodies I’ve bookmarked from around the web this week.
Last week on the English Wedding blog
- Wedding magazines: introduction, the wedding magazine review, and a look at individual wedding magazines. These articles were written to help brides and grooms decide which wedding magazine is best for you, and to provide a useful resource for anyone – businesses included – with questions about the UK wedding press. To find out what this is all about, start here!
A few comments asked what the point of this review was, so I’ve tried to reiterate my reasons for writing about the wedding press: it’s not just to make up for previous bad behaviour(!) – I intended this as a useful reference and if there’s just one person out there who shares my geeky curiosity about wedding mags who enjoys reading these, then I’m happy!
- Sally’s blog post about her eclectic wedding day jewellery was inspiring – every piece has a story; none of it matches and it’s absolutely perfect.
- Adele from Blue Lights Photo asked me to share the details of her competition to win your wedding photography
- Maria and Lloyd’s dreamy Dartmouth Castle wedding finished this week beautifully
English Wedding Showcase latest
- You’ll love this gorgeous Mere Court wedding from McAvoy Photography with a red and white theme – full wedding blog post
- An inspiring engagement shoot: love amidst the ruins and blooms at Cannon Hall
- I’ve welcomed two new sponsors who I’ll introduce to you properly very soon. In the meantime pop over and see Showcase Pages for ARJ Photography and documentary wedding photographer Martin Beddall.
English Wedding web picks
I subscribe to (I was going to give a number, but I daren’t count!) well over 200 wedding, design and business blogs. I thought I’d share the best with you!
- LOVE this three-part quirky vintage bridal shoot with a dinky, adorable little Vespa by Katy Lunsford
- My Pretty Little Gypsy Wedding – exciting bridal shoot by Christian Ward Photography for You & Your Wedding magazine
- Calligraphy, wedding stationery design and more imagination than you can shake a tiara at: surreal wedding inspiration via Momental Designs
- 1970s themed bohemian wedding on Rock n Roll Bride – I dream of a barefoot wedding on this blog; in the meantime check this one out: there are definitely toes.
- Cheshire wedding at Styal Lodge via McAvoy Photography – a lovely sunny shoot
- Win a shoot of your choice via Whimsical Wonderland Weddings blog, courtesy of Lucy Turnbull
- So what if it rains on your wedding day? A very interesting perspective by documentary wedding photographer Martin Beddall – definitely worth a read
- More wedding scooter love via the lovely Cat Hepple: wedding at Swinton Park sneak peek
- London wedding on Style Me Pretty – this one’s a stunner from Rosie Parsons, I know you’ll love it!
Have you found any brilliant inspiration for brides and grooms on the web this week? Share links in the comments below – I’d love to see what you’re looking at too! (And hey, who says 200+ blogs is enough for a wedding blogger! Let’s get my list of follows up to 300