Following is the brief profile of Dr T H Chowdary:
T.H.Chowdary (born 18.October.1931) holds a Bachelors degree in Telecommunications. He held executive and managerial positions in the Indian Government’s departments of Information and Broadcasting and Telecommunications, such as:
- Dy. Director General in the Department of Telecoms
- Founding Chairman & Managing Director of Videsh Sanchar Nigam Limited (VSNL)
- Governor of INTELSAT, Washington DC
- Executive Counselor, INMARSAT, London
- IT Advisor, Government of Andhra Pradesh
- Sr. Technical Expert of the International Telecommunications Union (ITU) in Guyana, Yemen, South Africa and Nepal.
He visited over 50 countries on over 80 occasions as speaker, chairman at seminars, government’s negotiator (for telecom agreements) and lecturer in different Universities.
- He was the President of Institution of Electronics and Telecommunications Engineers (IETE)
- He was honoured as one of India’s outstanding engineers at the 15th Engineering Congress
- He was conferred the Degree of Doctor of Philosophy (Honoris Causa) by Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad.
In his long professional career since 1952, he wrote over 1500 articles and papers in national and international newspapers and journals and gave hundreds of presentations in national and international fora on telecom & IT technologies, management, public policy, regulation, privatization and competition.
He is on the Boards of Directors of IT and telecom companies and journals.
He studies and writes on history, culture, politics, religion and education. He edits and publishes three journals. ICTs & Society; Bharatiya Pragna and Secularism Combat. The books and articles he publishes can be seen at the website – http://www.drthchowdary.net
Presently he is the Director, Center for Telecom Management & Studies and Chairman, Pragna Bharati, Andhra Pradesh.