Duration – 2 days
Recognition of how positive and open cultural attitudes towards other cultures can lead to co- operative relationships.
• Identify culturally sensitive areas where problems can occur
• Recognise your own personal behaviours & communication styles and how they impact on intercultural communication.
• Use strategies to build intercultural interpersonal skills.
• Build confidence in intercultural communication
• Build a framework for understanding intercultural experiences
This seminar is designed to meet the needs of a culturally diverse workplace. The emphasis is on becoming aware of communication differences among cultures and developing the necessary skills to ensure clear cross-cultural communication. Diverse scenarios and simulations are used to expose the participants to a variety of culturesin order to manage issues that arise due to cultural diversity.
Synthetic Culture Simulation
Debriefing by Images
The different Channels of Communication
Managing Cultural Differences
Cultural Values & Attitudes (Time, Space Relationships)
Evaluate your Cultural Competences
Better Questions = Better Answers
Non verbal communication – Gestures, Body language,
Communication Filters – Barriers to communication
Communication Styles and their implication (Aggressive, Assertive & Manipulative)
The Cultural Iceberg – Values and Interpretations
Prerequisites :A good working knowledge of English.
What you receive:
- Complete package for running 2 day “Intercultural Communication and Awareness” seminars
- Powerpoint training slides
- Printable trainees handbooks
- Full trainer handbook with step-by-step instructions for running the course
- Activities and ice-breakers
- Self-evaluation sheets for trainees
- Training activity handouts
- Pricing policy for your training seminars
- Printable trainees feedback for trainer sheets
- Marketing materials for your courses
- Licence to use the package for one trainer
- E-mail support to help you run great seminars