Huge Off-Highway Road TrainsBy Gerard
A road train is a trucking concept used in remote areas of Argentina, Australia, Mexico, the United States and Canada to move freight efficiently. The term 'road train' is most often used in Australia. In the U.S. and Canada the terms 'triples,' 'turnpike doubles' and 'Rocky Mountain doubles' are commonly used for longer combination vehicles. A road train consists of a relatively conventional tractor unit, but instead of pulling one trailer or semi-trailer, a road train pulls two or more of them.
Here are pictures of some huge off-highway road trains.
You Might Also Like :
These articles might interest you :
MOST POPULAR FROM TRAVEL
- Would you tell your boss you were looking for a new job? by Eemusings
- SAG and Jule by Myfilmproject09
- the baths, BVI Caribbean – need to know info by Saltykisses
- Top 10 Things to Know about Cuba by Edithlevy
Lady Gaga Russia Lance Armstrong Harry Potter Barack Obama True Blood Samsung European Union Nuclear Energy Thanksgiving China Christmas Apple Mali Academy Awards John Galliano The Box Office Valentine's Day Michelle Rodriguez Rick Perry World Cup 2014 Halloween Mitt Romney Climate Change Egypt Turkey Economy North Korea Apps The Olympics
MOST RECOMMENDED IN TRAVEL
- Bike Touring 101: How To Get Started by Awanderingphoto
- Last days in Thailand by Behan Gifford
- Sagada: A Pocket of Pines, Waterfalls, and Cliffs by Adrenaline Romance
- What Life is Really Like in A Sri Lankan Village by Expatgermany