How to Do I Start a Dessert Buffet - Candy Buffet Business Or Sell Candy?Posted on the 25 February 2012 by Littlebigcompany1
We get alot of enquiries about how to start a Dessert Buffet, Candy Buffet, event styling business or an online store. We have just had our inspection at Little Big Company with our local council to do with our food act and we passed with flying colours....so I thought I would write a blog post to answer some of the questions that we get on our email.
Hope it helps...
What are the steps to start my own Candy or Dessert Buffet Business or online Party store which sells candy?
1. You must register your business as a business or as a Company and get ABN and or ACN
2. You MUST get a Food Act Registration as you are handling Cakes and Candy and even if you just handle the candy you must also get Registered. There are different levels of classifications. Your council will be able to help you with all of that and it is advisable to contact them asap when before you begin trading. Also if you have a business that sells candy you must have a Food Act Registration. They do checks to ensure that you are complying to all their recommendations, you can register with your local Council. You also have to have safe and clean premises as to where you store the candy, if you are packaging that candy for resell you must have an approved sink, clean area to do so. You can read more about it here
You need one even if you are opening the bags of candy to place in the jars.
3. It is strongly advised to get Public Liability Insurance as an Event Stylist and as a business. For instance when you are doing photo shoots, you need to be covered when you are doing a shoot. Also when you are styling an event for a client you need to have public liability insurance. I recommend Business Insurance Australia here.
4. It is strongly advised to get Business Insurance.
5. We have an agreement set up with our clients which sets out our terms and conditions for them to sign before we do any event.
6. If you are earning over a certain amount of money you need to be registered for GST.
7. If you have anyone working for you, you need them to be covered with all the worksafety issues. Occupational Health and Safety (ie lifting props etc).
8. If you are booking with an Candy or Dessert Buffet Company or Cake Maker make sure that they are Food Act Compliant and are covered, they have a registered kitchen etc.
9. Now you can have fun sourcing all the props, tablecloths, risers, jars, cakestands etc!!!
I also like this Ehow article about how to star a Candy Buffet Business here...
Feel free to ask some more questions :)
You Might Also Like :
These articles might interest you :
PODCAST:Click play above or right click here and save link as to download or subscribe on iTunes here on this link:SHOW TOPICS: Starting a blog Decorating your... Read moreThe 08 April 2012 by Classycareergirl
For pet owners that work long hours, or have pets that need to be taken care of mid-day, dog walkers can be a saving grace. Dog walkers typically visit the home... Read moreThe 12 August 2012 by Alison_wood
This is part two of a two part series on setting up Hadoop. Link to Part 1 Time to shop Now that you have a good collection of requirements and open questions i... Read moreThe 10 December 2012 by Tchu
BUSINESS, MARKETING & ADVERTISING
A young friend entrepreneur asked me this query through e-mail just a few days before he got his own work earned bonuses of which given me an idea instead of... Read moreThe 06 January 2013 by Paul01234
0savesSave How Do you Create A Successful Blog….that will be loved by all? "The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it... Read moreThe 27 January 2013 by Mankam23
Good afternoon you lovely lot.In June it will be a total of 2 years I have been blogging on AOG.Whats noticeable from 2 years now how social attitudes to blogs... Read moreThe 16 March 2013 by Aspirationsofglam
HAIR & BEAUTY, LIFESTYLE
I realized this morning what my deal has been this week: you know, why I am feeling – right now – so wiped out. I sort of feel like I imagine how lava feels,... Read moreThe 28 April 2013 by Juliejordanscott
DIARIES, SELF EXPRESSION
MOST POPULAR FROM FAMILY
- Video of Nick Vujicic’s message in CCF Manila by Lessonsofadad
- May is for Moms: Interview with Bubba by Samantha Curtis
- The Children's Bookshelf by Smilinglikesunshine
- Tap Tap Color Page – FREE Download by Kathybarbro
John Galliano European Union True Blood North Korea China Rick Perry Egypt Climate Change Hurricane Sandy Mitt Romney Amanda Knox News Corp Barack Obama Christmas X-Factor Mali Lady Gaga Samsung Thanksgiving Apps Russia Norway Terror Attacks The Papacy Economy Occupy Wall Street Academy Awards Nuclear Energy Harry Potter Lance Armstrong Apple