How to Do I Start a Dessert Buffet - Candy Buffet Business Or Sell Candy?By Littlebigcompany1
We get alot of enquiries about how to start a Dessert Buffet, Candy Buffet, event styling business or an online store. We have just had our inspection at Little Big Company with our local council to do with our food act and we passed with flying colours....so I thought I would write a blog post to answer some of the questions that we get on our email.
Hope it helps...
What are the steps to start my own Candy or Dessert Buffet Business or online Party store which sells candy?
1. You must register your business as a business or as a Company and get ABN and or ACN
2. You MUST get a Food Act Registration as you are handling Cakes and Candy and even if you just handle the candy you must also get Registered. There are different levels of classifications. Your council will be able to help you with all of that and it is advisable to contact them asap when before you begin trading. Also if you have a business that sells candy you must have a Food Act Registration. They do checks to ensure that you are complying to all their recommendations, you can register with your local Council. You also have to have safe and clean premises as to where you store the candy, if you are packaging that candy for resell you must have an approved sink, clean area to do so. You can read more about it here
You need one even if you are opening the bags of candy to place in the jars.
3. It is strongly advised to get Public Liability Insurance as an Event Stylist and as a business. For instance when you are doing photo shoots, you need to be covered when you are doing a shoot. Also when you are styling an event for a client you need to have public liability insurance. I recommend Business Insurance Australia here.
4. It is strongly advised to get Business Insurance.
5. We have an agreement set up with our clients which sets out our terms and conditions for them to sign before we do any event.
6. If you are earning over a certain amount of money you need to be registered for GST.
7. If you have anyone working for you, you need them to be covered with all the worksafety issues. Occupational Health and Safety (ie lifting props etc).
8. If you are booking with an Candy or Dessert Buffet Company or Cake Maker make sure that they are Food Act Compliant and are covered, they have a registered kitchen etc.
9. Now you can have fun sourcing all the props, tablecloths, risers, jars, cakestands etc!!!
I also like this Ehow article about how to star a Candy Buffet Business here...
Feel free to ask some more questions :)
These articles might interest you :
Share it now!Christmas time is full of traditions and many families either continue a holiday tradition that has been passed on for generations. While other... Read moreThe 22 November 2013 by Upliftingfam
Believe it or not, even though we are literally 3 blocks away, we are yet to make a proper exploration of the Golden Gate Park. We've done more when visiting,... Read moreThe 18 November 2013 by Livingnotes
The good news is that even if they're texting and watching TV and eating snacks, they are probably way more open to conversation than you might think. You just... Read moreThe 11 December 2013 by Joanigeltman
We all do it. Greet people with those automatic responses. Hi. How are you?Fine, and you?Fine.You look nice today.I like your dress.Is that a new haircut?Your... Read moreThe 08 September 2013 by Lifecoachlindaluke
FAMILY, LIFE COACH
Travelling is an activity that really needs preparation. It can be financial preparation, emotional preparation and mental preparation. Preparation is required... Read moreThe 11 December 2013 by Jonathan Orbuda
Good afternoon you lovely lot.In June it will be a total of 2 years I have been blogging on AOG.Whats noticeable from 2 years now how social attitudes to blogs... Read moreThe 16 March 2013 by Aspirationsofglam
HAIR & BEAUTY, LIFESTYLE
MOST POPULAR FROM FAMILY
- New LEGO The Hobbit ‘buddy-up’ trailer released by Boxmash
- Angry Birds Go! “Sub Zero” Update Coming Soon by Boxmash
- LEGO Star Wars – Cool New Sets Revealed! by Boxmash
- A Week Of Learning And New Experiences by Maxwell1212