How to Do I Start a Dessert Buffet - Candy Buffet Business Or Sell Candy?By Littlebigcompany1 @littlebigcompny
We get alot of enquiries about how to start a Dessert Buffet, Candy Buffet, event styling business or an online store. We have just had our inspection at Little Big Company with our local council to do with our food act and we passed with flying colours....so I thought I would write a blog post to answer some of the questions that we get on our email.
Hope it helps...
What are the steps to start my own Candy or Dessert Buffet Business or online Party store which sells candy?
1. You must register your business as a business or as a Company and get ABN and or ACN
2. You MUST get a Food Act Registration as you are handling Cakes and Candy and even if you just handle the candy you must also get Registered. There are different levels of classifications. Your council will be able to help you with all of that and it is advisable to contact them asap when before you begin trading. Also if you have a business that sells candy you must have a Food Act Registration. They do checks to ensure that you are complying to all their recommendations, you can register with your local Council. You also have to have safe and clean premises as to where you store the candy, if you are packaging that candy for resell you must have an approved sink, clean area to do so. You can read more about it here
You need one even if you are opening the bags of candy to place in the jars.
3. It is strongly advised to get Public Liability Insurance as an Event Stylist and as a business. For instance when you are doing photo shoots, you need to be covered when you are doing a shoot. Also when you are styling an event for a client you need to have public liability insurance. I recommend Business Insurance Australia here.
4. It is strongly advised to get Business Insurance.
5. We have an agreement set up with our clients which sets out our terms and conditions for them to sign before we do any event.
6. If you are earning over a certain amount of money you need to be registered for GST.
7. If you have anyone working for you, you need them to be covered with all the worksafety issues. Occupational Health and Safety (ie lifting props etc).
8. If you are booking with an Candy or Dessert Buffet Company or Cake Maker make sure that they are Food Act Compliant and are covered, they have a registered kitchen etc.
9. Now you can have fun sourcing all the props, tablecloths, risers, jars, cakestands etc!!!
I also like this Ehow article about how to star a Candy Buffet Business here...
Feel free to ask some more questions :)
These articles might interest you :
It Was Sunny Yesterday – Today Its Raining! What a great start to the summer school holidays as it’s raining, the kids are fed up and bored and want to go out,... Read moreThe 26 July 2012 by Therealsupermum
FAMILY, PARENTING, SELF EXPRESSION, WOMEN'S ISSUES
Just trying to keep clean, Mom!: image via maniacworld.comDoes your dog eat his own poop? According to Dr. Ben Hart of the School of Veterinary Medicine at the... Read moreThe 18 August 2012 by Petslady
ANIMALS & WILDLIFE, HOME, PETS
Wow. That was a long title.A couple of weeks ago, I shared my "new" entryway with you...it's really amazing what a coat (or 3) of paint can do...It went from... Read moreThe 16 August 2012 by Midwesterngirl
ARTS & CRAFTS, HOME
Every child loves finger puppets. This cheerful and colourful bee tutorial, provided by the foam for cushions experts cutfoam.co.uk is easy to make. Read moreThe 18 August 2012 by Therealsupermum
FAMILY, PARENTING, SELF EXPRESSION
Hellloooo! Today I'm making a birthday gift for the four year old that has everything. A hand painted wooden sign can be an awesome addition to a kids room of... Read moreThe 21 August 2012 by Heyimryanhurley
ARTS & CRAFTS, HOME
GET THE LOOK: A print T is your best friend to make an outfit fun, modern and unique. Marc Jacob's bat series are to die for - have you seen them in different... Read moreThe 21 August 2012 by Livingnotes
Use a special key provided by the Vaillant or.. just get a flat screw driver, find the filling hydrolic mechanisum below the boiler between cold water mains pip... Read moreThe 21 August 2012 by Futli
HOME, HOME IMPROVEMENT
MOST POPULAR FROM FAMILY
- Pandora Earrings Review by Maxwell1212
- From the ocean to the sky: land cruising in Lesotho by Behan Gifford
- Etsy Made Local 2015: Etsy Comes To You! by Moralfibres
- Photo Card Companies & LGBT Families: Happy Holidays or Bah Humbug? by Designerdaddy
MOST RECOMMENDED IN FAMILY
- Thousands of Foster Kids to Benefit From Boycott of American Girl by Designerdaddy
- Hanukkah AND Christmas: 7 Books For Interfaith Children by Susankatzmiller
- Gifts for sailors: ideas for the cruisers in your life by Behan Gifford
- Thankful. by Samantha Curtis