Gluten-Free Rice Crispy TreatsBy Dianefergurson
The other day I was trying to think of something simple to make, that would satisfy my sweet tooth, as well as hers, so I thought about some of the foods she use to like when she was growing up. I decided to make some "Rice Krispie" treats.
It was pretty simple. Instead of using the "normal" brand of cereal I used the Whole Foods 365 brand, Brown Rice Crisps (healthier). The gluten-free marshmallows came from Whole Foods as well (in the baking department) - and I also noticed that they are Kosher. So if you are looking for gluten-free marshmallows in a regular supermarket, if it has a Kosher section try looking there.
All you do to make the treats is melt 2 Tb. of butter together with the sack of marshmallows (7oz) in a non-stick saucepan. Stir quickly. When it is melted, poor the mixture into 6 cups of the brown rice cereal and "very" quickly together. Transfer it to a pre-buttered, non stick 9x13 pan and press down on the top to even it out. One trick to do, is to butter a piece of wax paper in advance and press down using it instead of your hands. Cool and then cut into squares. enjoy!
Another Buddy Fergurson approved recipe!
These articles might interest you :
MOST POPULAR FROM FOOD & DRINK
- Caramel Glazed Toffee Loaf by Mariealicerayner
- Review on CookBook "Beyond Brilliant" By Dipna Anand by Simplytadka1
- Curd Rice | Thayir Sadham by Tinkushaji
- Sophie’s salsa verde with pan fried haddock pieces! by Sophies Foodie
Mali European Union Valentine's Day Climate Change Apple Lance Armstrong Turkey Lady Gaga China The Box Office Russia Thanksgiving Halloween Samsung John Galliano Apps True Blood Egypt Winter Sports Harry Potter Mitt Romney Nuclear Energy The Olympics Rupert Murdoch Economy North Korea Michelle Rodriguez Rick Perry Christmas Academy Awards
MOST RECOMMENDED IN FOOD & DRINK
- AB-Inbev: Why It Matters Who Owns The Brewery by I Think About Beer
- Green Smoothie Recipe For Weight Loss by Smoothiehealthyrecipes
- Adding Honey to Handmade Soap (and Recipe) by Kelly
- Strawberry Avocado Salad by Sue Lau