1. Provide one (36" x 6" diam.) mailing tube for each student. Prep it by cutting out narrow triangles (about 2" x 8") from one end so that the remaining pointed ends can be pulled and taped together to form one large point. Lots of duct tape is needed to smooth the edges together. Close the other end with a plastic cap.
2. Let the students tear lots of newspaper strips and apply with mache to cover the entire tube with at least one layer of paper mache.
3. When the tube is dry, possibly one or two days later, give the students lots of paper towels to cut in strips. They are to apply one layer of paper towel and mache to the tube. This really smoothes the edges and helps block out the newspaper color. This also means you won't have to prime the pencil before you paint.
4. It's best to paint the pencils in stages (I found out the hard way!) so I recommend the following: paint the yellow middle and pink eraser and tan and black pencil tip. Let dry for about one day. Lastly, use masking tape to mark off the green section, paint and remove tape. These would look great personalized too by writing the child's name with a paint marker
These pencils were made by two girls in the 1st grade.
These articles might interest you :
Aron Meystedt just sent out an email on OC.com OC.com is Available for the First Time since 1991! I will make this quick. OC.com, first registered in 1991 by th... Read moreThe 27 April 2017 by Worldwide
Google’s parent company posted a strong first quarter for 2017. The stock is up in after hours by 3.4% 891.44USD2.30 (0.26%) After-hours: 921.9030.46 (3. Read moreThe 27 April 2017 by Worldwide
This post contains affiliate links. It is 9:45 pm on a freezing January night. My high school sweetheart meets me at the mall store where I work. Read moreThe 27 April 2017 by Anovelsource
The heated set in my kindly upgraded 3 Series BMW hire car from Budget came in very useful whilst driving over to the afternoons training. It was a beautiful... Read moreThe 27 April 2017 by Stodge
OTHER SPORTS, OUTDOORS
Today was middle distance day and part of the World Masters Series! It was cold and manky with the odd shower so again really difficult to work out what to... Read moreThe 27 April 2017 by Stodge
OTHER SPORTS, OUTDOORS
The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry, or so the saying goes, well, my plans for today were an early start to attempt to catch sunrise, and be out o... Read moreThe 27 April 2017 by Ashley Crombet-Beolens
Just click the “GET STARTED FOR FREE!” Money, money, money !!! And when it comes to money, alas, but! I honestly admit I do not know many people who will share... Read moreThe 27 April 2017 by Martin Gergov
DIET & WEIGHT, HEALTHY LIVING
MOST RECOMMENDED IN SCHOOLING
- “Why are people encouraging me to borrow thousands of dollars to attend an institution in which people like me have a 1-out-of-5 chance of graduating”? by Stevemiranda