- The U.S. market for solar energy reached $6 billion in 2010, up from $3.6 billion (67%) from the previous year, according to the Solar Energy Industries Association.
- U.S. had 5 pct of global PV share in 2010, down from 2009
- U.S. PV installations are expected to double in 2011
- Solar electric installations reached 956 megawatts in the United States last year, including 878 MW of PV systems.
- More than 17 gigawatts of PV were installed globally.
Source: Solar Energy Industries Association http://www.seia.org/