- The average home in the U.S. incurred $1,817 in energy expenses, which equates to nearly $202 billion annually.
- Despite the number of primary residences in the U.S. increasing from 77 million in 1978 to 111 million in 2005, total household energy consumption decreased slightly, from 10.58 to 10.55 quadrillion British Thermal Units (Btu).
- From 1978 to 2005, total energy use per household decreased by 31 percent, from 138 million Btu to 95 million Btu, largely due to more efficient heating, window design, and insulation.
- 70 percent of homes in California use some form of energy-efficient light bulbs (compact fluorescent or light-emitting diode lights), while only 47 percent do in Pennsylvania. On average, 60 percent of U.S. households use efficient lighting.
- In 2009, 39 percent of residences used an Energy Star rated refrigerator, and 36 percent used an Energy Star clothes washer.
Five Friday Facts: Residential Energy ConsumptionPosted on the 28 May 2011 by 2ndgreenrevolution @2ndgreenrev
These articles might interest you :
Meal plansGet lots of weekly low-carb meal plans, complete with shopping lists and everything, with our premium meal planner tool (free trial).... Read moreThe 29 April 2017 by Dietdoctor
DIET & WEIGHT, HEALTH, HEALTHY LIVING, MEDICINE
Granted one of the books I am looking at is fictional and the other is non-fiction, but both of them deal with that topic and especially the theme of effective... Read moreThe 29 April 2017 by Jamesswezey
Well last week’s post was very successful, a number of sales took place and it brought about members engaging with one another to get some deals done below the... Read moreThe 29 April 2017 by Worldwide
The Writes of Spring tour brought Hawksley Workman, Amelia Curran, Donovan Woods and Tim Baker to Canada’s National Arts centre for their The post Writes of... Read moreThe 29 April 2017 by Hendrik Pape
ENTERTAINMENT, MEDIA, MUSIC
Officially, the dates of the Art By Cedar Spring Sale are May 8-14, but the sale will be going live in the afternoon this Sunday, May 7th, to allow... Read moreThe 29 April 2017 by Artbycedar
ART & DESIGN, CREATIVITY, CULTURE, SELF EXPRESSION
Becky was talking just off Brick Lane last nightAfter yesterday’s blog with Chris Dangerfield was posted, Becky Fury – winner of at least one genuine Malcolm... Read moreThe 29 April 2017 by Thejohnfleming
Jake: ‘after a lengthy flirtation and courtship, the relationship is finally consummated.’ Pete Sixsmith today witnessed his ninth relegation. Read moreThe 29 April 2017 by Colin Randall
MOST RECOMMENDED IN ECO-LIVING
- Animal Intoxication by Frontiergap
- Environmental Racism by Frontiergap
- How To: Get An Online Presence While Travelling by Frontiergap