Five Brilliant Things to Do This SummerBy Kinderpendent
Who says summer fun has to be expensive? Here are five things to do this summer that won't break the bank & are sure to remain with your kids forever..
1. Throw your own parade! Grab some markers & let your kids design their parade signs. Then dress in your most fun garb, pull out your best noise makers, and hit the sidewalks! Don't forget to invite the neighborhood kids!
2. Outdoor movie night. Let your kids experience the fun of a drive-thru theatre in their own backyard with the use of a projector & the side of your home! Set up lawn chairs, and invite friends. Don't forget the popcorn. (Don't have a projector? Don't splurge yet, chances are you might know somebody who does.)
3. Backyard camping. When you're five, camping outside is nothing but magical. Count the stars, roast some marshmallows, and share stories with your kids. If you're really brave, sleep out there, too.
4. Host an art show! Kids love to show off their works. Hang their favorite masterpieces around the house, put together some refreshments, and invite some friends & family to come check out your kids' work. (It's a great excuse for an anytime mini-party & your kids will love it!)
5. Hold a creative cooking challenge. First, let your kids draw out a plan. Challenge them to come up with a new, tasty recipe. Help them decide what ingredients they will need. Then gather up their ingredients and let them get to work (helping out with the oven, or other needs along the way). Let everyone get a nibble of all of the creations, and be sure to gush over the delicious creativity!
These are a just a few of the things on our summer time to-do list, and we can't wait to share with you guys as we go along, and check each off. In the meantime, do you have any great ideas we should add to our list?
These articles might interest you :
1. LACY (Life After City Year)I have been compulsively checking job search websites over the past two weeks. Every evening after work I comb Idealist.org,... Read moreBy Romelantoine
DEBATE, LOVE & SEX, SEXUALITY, SOCIETY
These five articles reach beyond short-term business trends to point us in a new direction -- one that takes leaders to game-changing practices for managing... Read moreBy Mary Trigiani
BUSINESS, MARKETING & ADVERTISING
image credit In this day and age people really want to keep hold of their jobs - there is a recession on after all. Plus with every keystroke at your terminal... Read moreBy Gerard
Have you non-Ohions seen this? It’s an entertaining deposition from that comedy factory the Ohio State Supreme Court. Two Ohio friends of mine, John and Cindy,... Read moreBy Dianelaneyfitzpatrick
You do something like this…Reckless Redneck on the looseThank you so much Sandi for an amazing post…all about ME!! You are a total sweetheart and I have never... Read moreBy Redneckprincess
DIARIES, SELF EXPRESSION
Uganda is a country of friendly and warm people, vast natural reserves and stunning wildlife. The vibrant capital city of Kampala bustles with the famous... Read moreBy Frontiergap
CHARITY, TRAVEL, VACATION
Taking a few minutes to sit out in the garden on a summer evening is one of the best ways to unwind and get back in touch with nature. Read moreBy Alison_wood
LIFE COACH, LIFESTYLE
MOST POPULAR FROM PARENTING
- Outdoor Furniture Lounge Chairs by Bigdaddycarlos
- Chair Lift Accident by Bigdaddycarlos
- Cheap Pool Lounge Chairs by Bigdaddycarlos
- Deck Lounge Chair by Bigdaddycarlos