Today is Day 2 of my life as a new Entrepreneur! As promised, I’ve shared my thoughts on the last few days via the below video. In case you aren’t able to view the video while reading this, here’s a recap:
- I’m still super excited to be out on my own! (Let’s hope this rah rah lasts for many more days)
- Working from home is pretty great.
- I’ve identified my products and services, hired an intern who will work for school credit, booked 3 paid speaking gigs, sent a really cool “Small Business Technology Startup Guide” over to an editor (finally, it’s been sitting on my computer for months), and I joined a Toastmasters group too.
- My dog Giada’s monthly daycare bill is almost as much 1 week of unemployment. SHIT.
- Read Jen Lancaster’s book, “Bitter is the new Black.” Hilarious. One of a Kind. Especially if you have ever been laid off.
- I still haven’t found time to clean my room.
If you’ve ever experienced a lay off, lost your job or were a new small business owner I’d love to hear from you. Leave your tips for me in the comments section!