So, let’s start with the important things, what do you think of my new coffee cups? Nice huh?
I think they highlight the lovely butteriness / cornflake crunchiness / sultana chewiness / general goodness in the cookies perfectly.
I have them in different colours and they’re all spotty. I feel so grown up with my matching coffee cups.
Well sort of. A lot of my other cups don’t match, but that all sounds over rated anyway.
The Importance of Being Earnest
Speaking of all grown up, the play I’m in is now ready and opened this week (little photo to the right, more photos on this lovely photography blog if you click here – yay!).
I’ve been having such a ball. I want to go live in the 1890′s. The clothes were so much more fun.
What we were talking about? Cookies. Right.
I like these a lot! They’re such a nice buttery cookie, but have that fun crunch you get from adding cornflakes. The sultanas – or raisins if you’re in the US – make them extra tasty.
Waiting to be cooked
The no egg factor also means they will last for ages.
But trust me. They probably won’t if you’re anything like me.
2/3 cup caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 1/4 cups self-raising flour
1 tbs milk
1 1/2 cups cornflakes
1/2 cup sultanas
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line two large flat baking trays with non-stick paper.
- Cream the butter, sugar and vanilla essence in a mixing bowl until creamy.
- Add the flour and mix on low speed until just combined.
- Add milk and mix until dough comes together. Using a wooden spoon, stir in cornflakes and sultanas, and mix until well combined.
- Using 1 tablespoon of mixture, roll into balls.
- Place onto baking trays allowing room for spreading. Flatten slightly with a spatula. Bake for 12-14 minutes, swapping trays after 8 minutes or until light golden. Stand for 5 minutes on tray before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
Source: This recipe was pasted in a comment to another blogger who was not having a lot of luck with her recipe for these cookies. The commenters recipe looked good, and it is, her blog is Cupkates.
Makes: 24 cookies.
Healthy? 100 calories a cookie.
Storage: Store in airtight container. As there is no eggs in this recipe they can be kept for quite awhile.