Consciousness, Buddhism & Human NatureBy Praymont
Does possibility entail conceivability? See the comments for points about Davidson's reliance on this entailment in his argument against the possibility of a language that isn't translatable into our own.
On Philosophy Bites, Frank Jackson is interviewed about 'what Mary knew'
William Seager reviews a posthumous collection of papers by idealist and panpsychist T. L. S. Sprigge (The Importance of Subjectivity: Selected Essays in Metaphysics and Ethics)
Mr. Waggish on Buddhism and Galen Strawson's panpsychism
Pain reduction through meditation? 'The degree of concordance between these studies suggests that meditative practices may indeed reduce pain through a unique neural mechanism, one corresponding to increased attention and reduced evaluative/emotional responses'
From last March, David Weisman on Buddhism's anticipation of key findings in modern neuroscience.
Tim Thornton's neat-looking course, 'Meaning, understanding and explanation'
Adrian Owen's detection of consciousness in people previously thought not to have it (people in vegetative states).
From the Abstract for a paper called 'What is a "mood-congruent" delusion? History and conceptual problems': 'This article investigates the history of the concept of mood-congruent delusions and the problems accompanying this concept. In the late nineteenth century, there were conflicting views regarding the relationship between the contents of an individual’s delusional thought and his/her affective state.'
Edge's 'Master Class' on the science of human nature (with Daniel Kahneman, Michael Gazzaniga, Steven Pinker, etc.).
These articles might interest you :
This is my second trip to India in last 4 years. It was not difficult for me to choose the destination for my second visit. I knew the answer since my first... Read moreThe 18 July 2012 by Theotherhome
Years ago I immersed myself in a wide range of reading material trying to expand my mind. I think that’s about when I actually started personal journey… or at... Read moreThe 27 January 2012 by Zen_sheila
BODY, MIND, SPIRIT, HEALTH, HEALTHY LIVING, LIFE COACH, SPIRITUALITY
teaches a hard lesson- mental myopiaToday at the Buddhist Temple of Chicago Rev Nakai gave a talk and during this talk she said a phrase. The phrase was “stick... Read moreThe 10 June 2012 by Fiercebuddhist
BODY, MIND, SPIRIT, CREATIVITY
You know how hard it is to find a foundation that performs well right? Well think about how hard it is finding one that performs well, is affordable AND... Read moreThe 20 July 2015 by Savvybrown
Technology has essentially become an extension of our physical selves. And it’s no wonder – we rely on technology for many things. When all of those resources... Read moreThe 20 July 2015 by Healthytravelblog
I’ve been thinking a lot about the idea of “maturity” and “immaturity” again, ever since reading this Captain Awkward column about a person (context suggests... Read moreThe 20 July 2015 by Brute Reason
SOCIETY, WOMEN'S ISSUES
What is a Biome? Variations in natural environment, including fauna and flora, are determined by an area’s climate, land formation and composition. Read moreThe 20 July 2015 by Rinkesh
MOST POPULAR FROM CULTURE
- titleist 915 d3 Cheap flights are at the other end of the spectrum from cheap holidays. With holidays the greatest savings are made by those who are willing to book at the last minute. With flights by Mushir
- ralph lauren mesh polo-Discount how does backspin affect the flight of a golf drive 3j by Mushir
- ralph lauren national flag polo-Discount i went out to my mailbox today and found a delightful surprise 1o by Mushir
- TaylorMade RSi 2 NYSEMKT by Mushir
MOST RECOMMENDED IN CULTURE
- PBH Free Fringe act sacrificed on a road paved with good Edinburgh intentions by Thejohnfleming
- BOOK REVIEW: THE MONSTROUS by Pamelascott
- An award last night, awards tonight and a very offensive act at Edinburgh Fringe by Thejohnfleming
- Adventures in Television Presents- Television Fast Forward, The Best Shows that Never Were, & Unsold Television Pilots by Gpangel