Consciousness, Buddhism & Human NatureBy Praymont
Does possibility entail conceivability? See the comments for points about Davidson's reliance on this entailment in his argument against the possibility of a language that isn't translatable into our own.
On Philosophy Bites, Frank Jackson is interviewed about 'what Mary knew'
William Seager reviews a posthumous collection of papers by idealist and panpsychist T. L. S. Sprigge (The Importance of Subjectivity: Selected Essays in Metaphysics and Ethics)
Mr. Waggish on Buddhism and Galen Strawson's panpsychism
Pain reduction through meditation? 'The degree of concordance between these studies suggests that meditative practices may indeed reduce pain through a unique neural mechanism, one corresponding to increased attention and reduced evaluative/emotional responses'
From last March, David Weisman on Buddhism's anticipation of key findings in modern neuroscience.
Tim Thornton's neat-looking course, 'Meaning, understanding and explanation'
Adrian Owen's detection of consciousness in people previously thought not to have it (people in vegetative states).
From the Abstract for a paper called 'What is a "mood-congruent" delusion? History and conceptual problems': 'This article investigates the history of the concept of mood-congruent delusions and the problems accompanying this concept. In the late nineteenth century, there were conflicting views regarding the relationship between the contents of an individual’s delusional thought and his/her affective state.'
Edge's 'Master Class' on the science of human nature (with Daniel Kahneman, Michael Gazzaniga, Steven Pinker, etc.).
These articles might interest you :
This is my second trip to India in last 4 years. It was not difficult for me to choose the destination for my second visit. I knew the answer since my first... Read moreThe 18 July 2012 by Theotherhome
Years ago I immersed myself in a wide range of reading material trying to expand my mind. I think that’s about when I actually started personal journey… or at... Read moreThe 27 January 2012 by Zen_sheila
BODY, MIND, SPIRIT, HEALTH, HEALTHY LIVING, LIFE COACH, SPIRITUALITY
teaches a hard lesson- mental myopiaToday at the Buddhist Temple of Chicago Rev Nakai gave a talk and during this talk she said a phrase. The phrase was “stick... Read moreThe 10 June 2012 by Fiercebuddhist
BODY, MIND, SPIRIT, CREATIVITY
MOST POPULAR FROM CULTURE
- Book Review: Death of a Diva: From Berlin to Broadway by Brigitte Goldstein: A Superbly Woven Murder Story by Jaideep Khanduja
- ODEITH – Anamorphic Graffiti Letters by Creativevisualart
- This Week in Books 28.01.2015 by Lipsy
- Collection Close Up: My Little Pony, G1 by Ashley Brooke, Kewpie83
MOST RECOMMENDED IN CULTURE
- A first glimpse inside PNCA's Schnitzer Center for Art & Design by Brianlibby
- Book Review: The Shepherd and the Princess by Gary L Smith: A Real Life Journey With David And Goliath by Jaideep Khanduja
- 10 Short Medieval Poems Everyone Should Read by Interesting Literature
- 10 Great Words Coined by P. G. Wodehouse by Interesting Literature