Concealed Carry SafetyPosted on the 17 November 2012 by Mikeb302000
Robert, You can't remember one single incident of a concealed carry causing collateral damage. I suppose, in order to maintain some integrity with that remarkable statement, you have to narrow down the parameters.
You have to exclude guys like this who drop their guns causing negligent discharges. And you'd have to overlook all the ones like this guy who stupidly leave their guns laying around or the ones who shoot themselves by "accident." I guess they don't count.
And what about all those who shoot at animals and hit people instead, like this skunk shooter. And let's not forget the ones who become out and out murderers.
No, you're absolutely right. I can't recall a single incident like the Empire State shooting in which civilians acted as bad a cops often do. One possible explanation could be that in spite of the ridiculous numbers you guys put on DGU shootings, they are fairly rare, whereas the cops are out there doing their job every day. That could have something to do with it.
These articles might interest you :
The Seattle Times reports Virginia is issuing a rising number of concealed-carry gun permits to people who live in other states in a trend that may be helped... Read moreThe 05 September 2012 by Mikeb302000
Local news reports A gun went off at a Tulsa hospital where the speeding bullet barely missed flammable medical equipment. Officers responded to a call at the... Read moreThe 15 November 2012 by Mikeb302000
The Citizen's Voice reports A Plymouth man faces charges after allegedly threatening his ex-girlfriend with a gun early Sunday morning. Read moreThe 29 May 2012 by Mikeb302000
Local news reports A Clinton County man suffered a gunshot wound Monday night to his right leg when the handgun he was using to target practice allegedly... Read moreThe 30 August 2012 by Mikeb302000
The Daily Illini There are a number of issues with this argument. First of all, most individuals when confronted with danger are not likely to take measured... Read moreThe 14 November 2012 by Mikeb302000
Local news reports A Uintah County man fired multiple shots during a weekend party in an effort to drive off a group of party crashers, according to sheriff's... Read moreThe 06 November 2012 by Mikeb302000
Today's Accidental Shootings Plymouth Police say a man is in the hospital after he accidentally shot himself inside a Rainbow Foods Sunday afternoon. The... Read moreThe 28 January 2013 by Mikeb302000
MOST POPULAR FROM DEBATE
- Laugh of the Day: Popular Muslim media personality says Jesus has already returned to convert the world to Islam by Eowyn
- Chickensh*t 101 by Mikelumish
- How America’s schools handled firearms in 1956 by Eowyn
- ¥uan and Waterloo of Petro$ (Part 1/2) by Arirusila
Climate Change True Blood Economy Egypt Michelle Rodriguez Academy Awards Harry Potter China News Corp Lady Gaga Hurricane Sandy Christmas Rick Perry Samsung X-Factor European Union Halloween Valentine's Day Apple John Galliano Lance Armstrong Mali Turkey Mardi Gras Apps Father's Day Russia The Box Office Thanksgiving Barack Obama
MOST RECOMMENDED IN DEBATE
- Why Muslims hate dogs by Eowyn
- 2014 election fraud has already begun in Chicago by Eowyn
- Non-citizen voters gave Obama the edge in 2008 and 2012 — and will in 2014 if we don’t do something about it by Eowyn
- Powerful video of Black activists against Democrats by Eowyn
ON THE DEBATE FORUM
- Eric Frein, Dirty-diaper wearing domestic terrorist ... Reviewed by #freingate
- ‘Call female teachers SIR’, demand feminist ... Reviewed by Rick
- Obama purges another general: 20th Air ... Reviewed by Whiteyward