Long office hours and a crazy lifestyle can be a perfect combination of what a modern career girl needs to resist when it comes to health. And it’s not only about stress and wrong biorhythms, it’s generally about malnutrition. Breakfast and dinner are usually not a problem for busy people, but lunch often becomes a real headache.
Most people only consider two options. The first one is to dine at the office cafeteria or at the nearest restaurant. However, if you calculate the monthly cost of such lunches you’ll get a shocking sum, which surely you’d better use for your personal or family needs. In addition to this, cafeterias and cafés do not always meet our gastronomic tastes.
The second option is to trust advertising and buy so-called "instant lunches" - noodles, soups and mashed potatoes. But think about it! Will your body withstand the constant poisoning of preservatives and artificial flavors? That’s why there’s only one option if you are forced to save due to today's economics - to bring lunch from home. Read the basic healthy eating rules and choose the best for yourself.
- Eat breakfast at home. If you have a problem with a lack of appetite in the mornings perhaps you should see a gastroenterologist, because there is a possibility of a stomach disorder.
- Do not avoid eating at least some lunch, even if you decided to lose weight. First, you risk eating twice as much at dinner, and you also risk gastritis and other gastric diseases. So regular eating is a must and lunch itself should take at least 35% of a total daily diet.
- The basics of a career girl’s healthy diet should consist of fruit and vegetables, and lean meat or fish. An ideal option for lunch is a piece of boiled chicken or beef and lettuce. Foods rich in proteins increase metabolism which is good for mid-day. But what is good for lunch can be a disaster in the evening, because stomach activity becomes slower then and nutrients start to stack up as fat.
- Products such as raw nuts (almonds, walnuts or peanuts) contain many carbohydrates and may not be appropriate for losing weight. But if you feel that you are tired and your mental activity slows down, try to eat nuts instead of a regular cup of coffee and you’ll notice the result.
- Also satisfy hunger with dried fruit. It is an absolutely natural food without artificial colors and preservatives, but with calcium (for healthy bones), potassium (which improves the nervous system), magnesium (normalizes blood pressure) and iron (prevents anemia).
- Really want something sweet? Then think about fruit jelly. After all it contains gelatin, which is good for joints, healthy nails and skin. And pectin helps to eliminate toxins.
- Caffeine is not necessarily a bad thing. If your work is connected with mental activity, do not totally refuse chocolate or coffee. They’ll help you get rid of headaches and relieve tension. But know the measure: a small cup of black organic coffee a day is usually enough.
- Eat at the same time from day to day. This regimen will help your stomach to produce the right amount of gastric juice for digestion. And always keep a healthy snack with you: apple, banana or a cup of yogurt.