A Little Background-
Smashbox Eyeshadow in Pronto ($16)
In first picture -
- Burberry No. 7 Taupe Brown
- Lancome Timeless Taupe
- Chanel Taupe Grise
- L'Oreal Bronzed Taupe
- Mac Satin Taupe
- Makeup Forever Metallic Taupe
- Maybelline Color Tattoo Tough as Taupe
- Smashbox Pronto
A few things to note about "Taupe" eyeshadows-
- They don't always look the same. Some are more greyish, while others have some gold/bronzey undertones to them.
- Nonetheless taupe shade eyeshadow (can) make a potential base in eye makeup.
- If applied all over the lid alone, they come out to be very dramatic and romantic.
- If you apply them near the outer lashline, they make they eyes wider and full of depth.
- I personally love taupe shades on all type of eye colors - green, black, brown and blue.
- In short, taupe shadows are a must have product in every makeup kit.
If you don't have natural cheek bones, you can fake that by using a taupe shade under your natural cheek bones. Smile and dust it with a taupe shade. It will create a fake high cheek bones. I haven't tried this but I will and let you know how it turned out. [This tip was given by M.A.C. Makeup Artist Diane Kendal for Harper's Bazaar]
Last but not the least -
Go Buy A Taupe Eyeshadow and let me know what you bought!!