Apple Lays Waste to Conservative IdeologyPosted on the 29 April 2015 by Lowell
Tuesday morning, riding high after yet another gangbusters quarter, Apple reached a new high, worth more than $760 BILLION. This makes it worth more than, well, a ton of things, including all but 18 COUNTRIES in the world.
Think about that ... Apple is worth more than the GDP of Saudi Arabia, or Switzerland, or Sweden. And despite being this financial juggernaut, the company is still experiencing double-digit growth. In just the past three months, Apple booked profits of $13.6 billion on $58 billion in revenue. Four years ago, the last of Steve Jobs' reign, he bragged about hitting $50 billion in revenue ... for the YEAR.
Not only are those numbers eye-watering, but that profit margin is the envy of the entire business world. The company has just shy of $200 billion in its cash horde, even as it has stepped up efforts to return cash to its shareholders. A $1 trillion valuation isn't far away.
So by all objective measures, Apple is the most successful company in the modern era. (The Dutch East India Company wins overall top honors, with an inflation-adjusted valuation of $7.3 trillion.) Yet, keep in mind the following:
* Apple is based on California, and continues to expand its operations in the state. Conservatives bray incessantly about the Golden State's "high taxes and burdensome regulations," yet the world's most high-value and innovative companies continue to be based here. You don't see Apple or its peers fleeing to tax havens like Alabama. Why? Because those taxes and regulations actually create a favorable business climate for Apple, delivering it the talent it desperately needs.
This story is from Daily Kos. There is so much more - very enlightening; read it all, click here.
These articles might interest you :
“By their fruit you will recognize them.” -Matthew 7:16 Rotten Fruit #1: culture war within church hierarchy His papacy is only 2½ years old, and already... Read moreBy Eowyn
DEBATE, POLITICS, SOCIETY, SPIRITUALITY
It is just a fact that more people in the United States identify themselves as conservative than say they are liberal. This is because of decades of demonizatio... Read moreBy Jobsanger
What is an apple?"It's not even a difficult question. We all know what an apple is." you're screaming at the screen.But do we all know what an apple is? Read moreBy Freeplanet
This last weekend about 1,500 Southern conservatives met in Oklahoma City for the Southern Republican Leadership Conference. They heard from numerous GOP... Read moreBy Jobsanger
Conservatives are hypocrites. Conservatives want a lenient justice for them and their children, and the harshest possible justice for other people. Read moreBy Doggone
This chart was made from Gallup Polls done between 2001 and 2015 -- and shows the percentage of Republicans who identify as both Economic Social Conservatives... Read moreBy Jobsanger
(This caricature of Hillary Clinton is by the inimitable DonkeyHotey.) A couple of days ago, Hillary Clinton made her campaign for the Democratic presidential... Read moreBy Jobsanger
MOST POPULAR FROM DEBATE
- Brexit LOLZ and not-so LOLZ by Markwadsworth
- Nobody move… or the French tourism industry gets it. by Markwadsworth
- "Qatar to invest £5 billion in UK over next few years" by Markwadsworth
- Daily Mail on top form by Markwadsworth