Politics Magazine

Support For Trump/GOP Tax Law Remains Very Low

Posted on the 26 April 2018 by Jobsanger
Support For Trump/GOP Tax Law Remains Very Low
The Republicans were proud of themselves for passing their tax law, and they believed it would be the vehicle that saved them in the 2018 congressional elections. But something is happening that those Republicans didn't count on. The voters see the truth about that new tax law.
Republicans (and Trump) loved to call their plan a middle class tax cut, and promised Americans that the biggest beneficiaries of the tax cuts would be the middle class -- and that the rich would not benefit. That was an outrageous lie! It turns out that corporations and the rich got the biggest portion of the cuts. The rich got more than 80% of the cuts, while the rest of America divided up less than 20% (and many Americans got no cut at all).
This was NOT a middle class tax cut. It was a tax cut for the richest Americans -- and the public knows it. Only one demographic group has a majority (65%) supporting the tax cut law. All other groups have far less than a majority supporting it -- regardless of sex, age, race/ethnicity, income, or region of the country.
The Republicans know that their president has no coattails to cling to, and now they are learning the tax law will not help them in the coming elections. If the public goes to the polls in large numbers this November (and I think they will), then this election could be a disaster for the GOP.
The chart above uses information contained in a new Economist / YouGov Poll -- done between April 22nd and 24th of a random national sample of 1,500 adults (including 1,270 registered voters). The margin of error for adults is 3 point, and for registered voters is 2.9 points.

You Might Also Like :

Back to Featured Articles on Logo Paperblog

These articles might interest you :

  • Pineapple Pie

    Pineapple

    How are you all surviving these dog days of summer? I have discovered a sweet that will cool everyone down. Pineapple Pie. You can make it with canned... Read more

    The 22 July 2018 by   Kalamitykelli
    FOOD & DRINK, RECIPES
  • 10 Reasons To Market Yourself More Than A Great Idea

    Reasons Market Yourself More Than Great Idea

    Too many entrepreneurs I know still believe that that their great idea will carry the startup, and they may even minimize their own value, especially if they... Read more

    The 22 July 2018 by   Martin Zwilling
    BUSINESS, CAREER
  • In Praise of Liver: Falling in Love with a Widely Reviled Food

    Praise Liver: Falling Love with Widely Reviled Food

    Do you love liver? If you are like almost 50% of Anglo-Western populations, the answer is likely no. In fact, surveys in some countries - UK, US, Canada -... Read more

    The 22 July 2018 by   Dietdoctor
    DIET & WEIGHT, HEALTH, HEALTHY LIVING, MEDICINE
  • Infertility, PCOS and the IDM Program

    Infertility, PCOS Program

    Dr. Jason Fung: I was having a discussion with Megan Ramos the other day in our clinic, and she mentioned that yet another patient had gotten pregnant... Read more

    The 22 July 2018 by   Dietdoctor
    DIET & WEIGHT, HEALTH, HEALTHY LIVING, MEDICINE
  • Magdalene’s Day 2018

    Magdalene’s 2018

    Every year on her feast day, I honor St. Mary Magdalene; even though the Church does not officially recognize her as the patron of whores, she certainly is in... Read more

    The 22 July 2018 by   Maggiemcneill
    LOVE & SEX, SEXUALITY
  • Cops and Robbers

    Cops Robbers

    The deluge of GDPR emails has finally dried up, thank the Lord. For the uninitiated, GDPR stands for the General Data Protection Regulation 2018. Read more

    The 22 July 2018 by   Jackscott
    DIARIES, EXPAT, SELF EXPRESSION
  • Holy Grove and Ripple Music Announce the Completion of the Upcoming Album by...

    Holy Grove Ripple Music Announce Completion Upcoming Album Portland's Epic Heavy Doomers

    Ripple Music is thrilled to announce that Portland, Oregon, heavy rockers Holy Grove have just completed the recording of their second full-length, to be... Read more

    The 22 July 2018 by   Ripplemusic
    ENTERTAINMENT, MUSIC

Magazines