"When Trucks Stop, America Stops"Posted on the 24 January 2011 by Jc_refuge
A document prepared by the American Trucking Associations a few years ago is an excellent reference for what WILL happen when one of any number of proverbial monkey wrenches gets tossed into the gears of our smooth-running existence today. Read the whole doc here.
Below, I've captured the last page summarizing what we can expect when America's trucks stop running (think such causes as pandemic, war, social upheaval, fuel disruption, border crossing delays, material or parts importation halts, security clampdowns, earthquakes, etc.) ...
"When Trucks Stop, America Stops"
A Timeline Showing the Deterioration of Major Industries Following a Truck Stoppage
The first 24 hours
• Delivery of medical supplies to the affected area will cease.
• Hospitals will run out of basic supplies such as syringes and catheters
within hours. Radiopharmaceuticals will deteriorate and become
• Service stations will begin to run out of fuel.
• Manufacturers using just-in-time manufacturing will develop component
• U.S. mail and other package delivery will cease.
Within one day
• Food shortages will begin to develop.
• Automobile fuel availability and delivery will dwindle, leading to skyrocketing
prices and long lines at the gas pumps.
• Without manufacturing components and trucks for product delivery,
assembly lines will shut down, putting thousands out of work.
Within two to three days
• Food shortages will escalate, especially in the face of hoarding and
• Supplies of essentials—such as bottled water, powdered milk, and
canned meat—at major retailers will disappear.
• ATMs will run out of cash and banks will be unable to process
• Service stations will completely run out of fuel for autos and trucks.
• Garbage will start piling up in urban and suburban areas.
• Container ships will sit idle in ports and rail transport will be disrupted,
eventually coming to a standstill.
Within a week
• Automobile travel will cease due to the lack of fuel. Without autos and
busses, many people will not be able to get to work, shop for groceries,
or access medical care.
• Hospitals will begin to exhaust oxygen supplies.
Within two weeks
• The nation’s clean water supply will begin to run dry.
Within four weeks
• The nation will exhaust its clean water supply and water will be safe for
drinking only after boiling. As a result gastrointestinal illnesses will
increase, further taxing an already weakened health care system.
This timeline presents only the primary effects of a freeze on truck travel. Secondary effects must be considered as well, such as inability to maintain telecommunications service, reduced law enforcement, increased crime, increased illness and injury, higher death rates, and likely, civil unrest.
Get Ready ... Seriously -- www.prepared.proCopyright 2007-2010 by Safecastle LLC www.safecastleroyal.com
These articles might interest you :
Historical Fiction4*s Lizzie Borden took an axe And gave her mother forty whacks. When she saw what she had done, She gave her father forty-one. Read more13 hours, 8 minutes ago by Cleopatralovesbooks
Hi Huneybees,Hubby and I love going out for rides and recently we had the Toyota Rav4 Premium 2.0 to join us. I've always been a fan of the RAV4 series for its... Read more13 hours, 12 minutes ago by Huney_84
LIFESTYLE, SHOPPING, TV & VIDEO
Soprano Natalie Dessay returns to Carnegie Hall. by Paul J. Pelkonen Natalie Dessay. Photo © Sony Classical. Natalie Dessay is no stranger to adversity. Read more13 hours, 44 minutes ago by Superconductor
CULTURE, THEATRE & OPERA
There are normally only two of us eating in this house and so I normally try to cut recipes in half for us, or create dishes which are simple and make just... Read more15 hours, 12 minutes ago by Mariealicerayner
FOOD & DRINK, RECIPES
Well, there are a lot of winning factors that AMPM Cafe Bar has to gain your presence frequently. Though its rooftop fourth floor and fifth floor are silent... Read more16 hours, 13 minutes ago by Jaideep Khanduja
DIARIES, SELF EXPRESSION
This week Tiger has actually done a few things around the house and he's so proud of himself. FFS. It's not anything amazing, just things that he should be doin... Read more16 hours, 42 minutes ago by Glossqueen
HAIR & BEAUTY, SELF EXPRESSION
Susan. Alison. Jeanne. I've been trying to find a way to ask this question and not sound like an angry black woman. I have figured out in the process that I... Read more16 hours, 52 minutes ago by Eastofmidnight
MOST POPULAR FROM SOCIETY
- White Christian Right "Over the Moon" About Trump Presidency: News Worth Noting Today by William Lindsey
- What’s Happening Near Your Place at SpringGarden Apartments in April by Infographixdirectory
- Living in Harmony Getting Along with Your Neightbours by Infographixdirectory
- The Curly-Hair Main Event: You vs. Frizz by Infographixdirectory
MOST RECOMMENDED IN SOCIETY
- Strengthening the Capacity of an Albanian Business Coalition in Policy Advocacy by Center For International Private Enterprise
- New understandings of populism by Dlittle30
- Complexity and contingency by Dlittle30
- Law-enforcement source had no doubt that nude young man in gay-porn photos was the "Bill Pryor" who grew up to become a federal judge in 11th Circuit by Rogershuler