And it looks like we are getting one more. The Hilton Anatole just announced the creation of its new, contemporary steakhouse, Sēr (pronounced “sear”).
Scheduled to open on October 1, 2012, Sēr will replace the iconic Nana as the premier dining destination in the landmark convention hotel. Boasting some of the most incredible views of the picturesque Dallas skyline, Sēr will offer prime cuts of the finest beef, the freshest of seafood, and unique appetizers and side dishes that will clearly differentiate it as a new style of Dallas steakhouse. At least that's what the press release claims...
The press release is still warm from coming over the wire, and already they are already taking flak for the name. D Magazine's Nancy Nichols says, "Names should be easy to read and say. A customer should be able to glance at the name, style of font, and get an idea of what they are to expect." Teresa Gubbins from Pegasus News puts it plainly: "Seems like they could've just called it 'Sear'?" Eater Dallas states, "We can't wait to see what Anthony Bombaci does next, because it surely can't be anything related to Sēring a stäk."
What do you think of the name Sēr? Clever? Or too confusing and gimmicky?
These articles might interest you :
Pop Quiz: Readers of this blog will remember a series I did in 2007 about several qualities that all successful people, businesses, or enterprises possess. Can... Read moreThe 22 October 2011 by Finance4youth
BUSINESS, FINANCE, SCHOOLING
I have a slew of exams lined up and am recovering from a (suspected) repetitive stress injury of the right wrist. Combined, they have managed to keep me... Read moreThe 10 November 2011 by Pranab
Israeli Opera's new production of 'Madame Butterfly' Want to catch a Butterfly? It’s in season — everywhere around the world.Who all mounted productions of... Read moreThe 18 May 2012 by Galegirl
CULTURE, THEATRE & OPERA
If you are not familiar with comic books, or at least the Daredevil movie, and you hear “Kingpin” you probably think of the bowling/comedy movie. While I like... Read moreThe 19 July 2012 by Jimblack78
COMIC BOOKS, ENTERTAINMENT
Look! An excellent example of why drug testing before one is permitted to buy a firearm might be a good idea! I would include abuse of alcohol in there with... Read moreThe 21 October 2011 by Mikeb302000
Gianna, over at the Inside True Blood Blog – posted recently about characters’ names, in their “What’s in a character name?” post! We figured you might find it... Read moreThe 11 January 2012 by Eric And Sookie Lovers
TV & VIDEO
The Woman in Black (2012)Directed by: James WatkinsCast: Daniel Radcliffe, Janet Mcteer and Claran Hinds Pop Rating: 9/10-The Review-I was filled with... Read moreThe 23 June 2012 by Thepopcornpreacher
MOST POPULAR FROM DESTINATIONS
- Okanagan College by T_mackinnon
- House & Home : Wallpaper Inspiration with Graham & Brown. by Simonea
- The London Nightly Photoblog 05:10:15 #GrandUnionCanal by Lwblog
- Kimberly Schlegel Whitman Publishes Monograms For The Home by Ohsocynthia
MOST RECOMMENDED IN DESTINATIONS
- The Backwaters of Kerala by Wanderingjoshua
- Top 10 Awesome Pools in India by Njoyeverymoment
- La donna cannone , De Gregori. Cantiamo! Let’s sing! ( video and text) by Xxlauraxx
- Kochi Chronicles: Art Attack! by Wanderingjoshua
ON THE DESTINATIONS FORUM
- Lopburi Thailand: Exploring a Monkey Town Reviewed by Ines Faust
- ドイツ鉄道が揃い組，フランクフルトにて。/ Deutsche Bahn, at frankfurt station Reviewed by Simplyreadbooks
- Walking. It's Really Very VERY Good ... Reviewed by Jami Paramore
- 20 amazing photos of the Maldives Reviewed by Louie Stanfill