What I'm Loving Wednesday - Home Decor EditionBy Wendiw80
Thanks Jaime for a cute blog and a fun thing to do on Wednesday's!!
I wanted to dedicate What I'm Loving Wednesday to the whole house scenario and funny enough, Jaime did the same with HGTV and Pinterest. So here are some things I'm loving...
1. Pinterest - I am not, what you would call, super gifted in the decorating department. I can take concepts (like I do with clothing) and put together an idea, but just give me a blank room and no direction, I struggle. I love pinterest because I can find all kinds of home decor ideas and put them together on a board so when it's time to decorate my new home, I have all my ideas in one place! Some cute things on my board -
I love the idea of painting the back of a book case a different color. I know exactly what I'm going to do with this
This will be happening in my kitchen
I love the idea of gray and yellow together
2. Stumble Upon - I love the face that I can search using key word, home decor or interior design, and it will take me to several blogs with awesome decorating ideas. I've found so many cute blogs doing this and now I follow them. Hopefully, I can use their help in decorating my new house! Or my current one if it doesn't work out.
Blogs I've found through Stumble upon -
79 Ideas, a blog about decorating... Belle MaisonThe Inspired RoomThe Old Painted Cottage
3. Craigslist - Since we will possibly be moving from a 1300 sq ft house to a 2200 sq foot house, I need furniture. I do not like spending money. The idea of spending lots of money on furniture stresses me out. So, I started looking on Craigslist to see what is one there and there is a LOT of cute stuff. I think the new couch will be new, but as far as dining room furniture, patio furniture, etc... we're going used! And I'm excited because they really have some cute things!!!
I like this one so if all the other stuff goes through, maybe...
4. Target - I found some cute stuff there too.
bad news, it's sold out, good news... it gives us time to save up money for when it gets warmer. They probably won't have new stuff out until next year, so I can just focus on the inside for a while.
I need formal living room furniture, dining room furniture, a futon, and some furniture for my "yoga" room. Then two sets of patio furniture, because the house we want has not 1 outside porch, but 2. Yes, that is right. 2.
These articles might interest you :
if I am still afraid of the dark at times. if I rather have contractions than have nausea or a toothache. if I eat little neck clams but will not try an... Read moreThe 13 February 2013 by Elena
It's time for..... Thank you Little Daisy May for doing this every Wednesday! I love reading your posts, especially because you always have the cutest dresses o... Read moreThe 12 October 2011 by Wendiw80
FITNESS, HEALTHY LIVING
It may be 100 degrees outside, but in my heart I’m already craving fall fashion. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale just ended, and now we’re all getting September... Read moreThe 15 August 2012 by Wardrobeoxygen
FASHION, SELF EXPRESSION, SHOPPING
This week has been a hot mess -- literally and figuratively -- but now it's Thursday, it's finally cooling down, and the nice man at Starbucks gave me my iced... Read moreThe 19 July 2012 by Alustforallseasons
A new month is upon us, which means I’ve got my eye on new lovely things. This isn’t the first time I’ve put the spotlight on geometric shapes, like this large... Read moreThe 04 November 2013 by Thedreamery
I have a love affair with leopard…and cheetah, ocelot, zebra, etc. Maybe I should just say I have a love affair with animal prints. I don’t know why I like... Read moreThe 02 October 2013 by Vintagefrenchchic
FASHION, HAIR & BEAUTY, LIFESTYLE
'Currently Loving' is a new feature here on Thumbelina Lillie. In the first few months of my blog, I wrote 'Monthly Favourites' posts, but as time went on I... Read moreThe 21 October 2013 by Megan Lillie
MOST POPULAR FROM FITNESS
- Honolulu Marathon: Race Day by Lifeasarunningmom
- A Diabetes Post by Sarahohm
- Free Download of the book “Yoga: The Art of Transformation” by Ninazolotow
- Thinking About Time Lately Except I Don’t Have Time To by Sbc12